Tripadvisor
Seville

“Small but absolutely fantastic place”
Review of Bar Alfalfa

Bar Alfalfa
Ranked #63 of 3,386 Restaurants in Seville
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great atmosphere, friendly and fun, with a brilliant and large variety of authentic tapas.
Every dish we were served tasted really really good, and was washed down with good wine. Prices were very cheap for what we had, (certainly not inflated tourist prices). We enjoyed this place so much we went back again. Great fun and excellent value for money. We would DEFINITELY recommend.

1  Thank robinsY9052BB
Write a reviewReviews (2,187)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

To my surprise, the food at this bar was the best food I had in Seville and one of the best meals I’ve had in general. I would have never suspected a tiny bar to serve authentic home cooked meals but this place 100% does. My boyfriend and I came here at 9pm one night and the place was packed (it’s a tiny bar so it gets filled up quickly) so we decided to eat somewhere else. We tried again the next day for lunch around 1pm and were able to sit at the bar. We ordered their specials of the day which were a seafood paella and steak. We had the option to order anything in a tapas size or a plate size so we ordered a plate to split and it was perfect for two people. The food was outstanding! Everything was fresh, full of flavor, homemade and beautifully plated. This paella was the best I’ve had and I’ve tried a lottt of paella all over Spain. The food was so good that we went back for dinner and ordered paella again, octopus and Iberian ham. They also had gluten free options which was nice because I am gluten intolerant. The service was just as great, every one greeted with a smile, was kind and attentive. You can tell that they have a great work atmosphere and it shows in the way they treat customers. I also noticed how attentive they were to making their dishes look presentable and I always saw the cooks arranging plates perfectly. I also noticed they were constantly wiping the kitchen and making sure it was clean. Anyways, I highlyyyy recommend this bar. It can get packed pretty quickly so I’d probably suggest trying to go during lunch time but if it’s too full it’s worth trying again the next day :)

2  Thank Natalia L
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Thanks to all the TA contributors, we had a couple of enjoyable evenings here during our stay.
Very small and very popular we didn`t have much elbow room but hey!...that was to be expected.
Good choice of Tapas, beer and wine at sensible prices and well worth a visit.

1  Thank TheWuffler
Reviewed January 15, 2020 via mobile

Very good tapas! View on the kitchen, gives a chance to see the care and professionalism of the cooks (they were all women that night). Bar services very friendly and quick.
All the dishes were really good. They have fusion options (Italian burrata, wok noodles) and so is a good place for some variety (they also have the very traditional tapas).

1  Thank NenziG
Reviewed January 14, 2020

A small bar in Plaza se Alfalfa ,which always seemed packed out no matter what time of the day , has an amazing atmosphere serving simple traditional tapas dishes .
Breakfast is authentic traditional, and may be a good taster for later on in the day .A place to seek out if in the area .

2  Thank ab2pcs