“Lovely meal and service”

El Gallinero De Sandra
Ranked #60 of 2,667 Restaurants in Seville
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Seattle
“Lovely meal and service”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

We chose this place in order to get away from the tourist masses around our hotel in Santa Cruz and were very pleasantly surprised. The service was lovely - our two waiters were exceedingly patient with our group of 6, only 4 of whom spoke Spanish. We enjoyed three courses as well as the house wine - I would most definitely come here again.

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Seville, Spain
“unfresh tuna and misleading wine menu: stay away from this place”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Yes, probably the title is too alarming but let me develop the reasons why I think this place is not worth to give a try.

I'm a local that have come twice to El Gallinero de Sandra. A friend of mine strongly recommended this to me, the first time I went with a couple of friends of mine that were visiting me. My first impression was that it was a little expensive according to the price and the noisy ambience.

So, I decided to give it another try with a couple of job mates. It was really dissapointing. I ordered a Castilian white wine that was labeled as organic. So far so good, then while looking at the label, I noticed this was wrong. I told the waiter and he replied that he did not know anything about wine.

Then, they delivered a Tuna Tataki dish which was quite scarce. No problem, it is good I can live with eating few. But it was not really fresh and that is not good if you eat raw seafood. I told the waiter, and they way to fix all this mess, after some minutes of discussion, was to deliver a coup of Spanish sparkling wine (Cava, similar to Champagne).

For the amount of money you pay per person in this restaurant, I would have expected any better reaction than that. Really dissapointing.

3 Thank PabloSeville80
italia
“Nothing special”
Reviewed January 3, 2013

This small and too busy restaurant has nothing special: small and unconfortable seats, the tables are so close one to another that you fell like eating with strangers, munu is very limited and food is average. Prices are on the expensive side and the waiters rushed you to finish and left the table to the next customers.

Dublin, Ireland
“Carpaccio of Corvina to Die For”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

This is an old haunt of ours, but last time we were horrified to find that our favourite starter, Carpaccio of Corvina (Seabass?), was off the menu.  However, the eponymous and friendly Sandra checked in the kitchen, and we got our mouth-watering dish.
  Also, try the Fried  Alchofas (Artichokes) with Jamon & Romesco.
Pro. Friendly efficient service, helpful management, excellent starters, good wines, reasonable prices
Con. Why did they take the Carpaccio of Corvina off the menu!

• Visited November 2012
Agoura
“Sandra is a doll!”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Ate here our last night in Seville. The food was delicious and fresh. We actually got vegetables served with fish! Sandra was out server. She went out of her way to make sure we understood what we were ordering and made sure we enjoyed each dish. Cute restaurant. Love the rooster decorations! The shrimp with rice appetizer was amazing!

• Visited October 2012