“Average food but good experience”
Review of Bodega dos de Mayo

Bodega dos de Mayo
Ranked #67 of 2,668 Restaurants in Seville
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Adelaide
“Average food but good experience”
Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

This felt like areal tapas bar, with ordering at the bar and be aware they tell out ur food when it's ready and you have to pick it up from the bar.

The baked hake and prawns in garlic was really good, but the rest of the food we tried was average.

We've definitely had better tapas from other places, so wouldn't return here to be honest. The food at Al Aljibe was much better although a little bit more expensive, but def worth it

• Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
italy
“Great atmosphere, average food”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

I was not so impressed with the tapas, but the place itself has a lot of character, so I would be inclined to give it another try next time I happen to be in the area. Prices are very affordable, the place is always very busy.

• Visited March 2013
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Lovely fresh food, eat here!”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We were recommended this place by staff at our hotel (Hotel Derby). We arrived a little early so they weren't open but did so at 8pm and we were the first there. Very soon after it was completely packed. We ordered 2 tapas starters which were prawns with garlic n cheese in breadcrumbs and cod pieces with potatoes in a light sauce. They were both absolutely lovely but had we known all our food would come out at once we would have ordered separately. We didn't know before deciding to eat here that you had to go up to the bar and order and also collect food from the bar when they call your name out. Nevertheless it was nice. For mains my partner had deer steaks with potatoes. The deer was tender and juicy. I had medium-rare steaks with chips. When it arrived there were 2 thick beef steaks on my plate cooked perfectly, more than I had expected. This whole meal, a beer, 2 glasses of white wine and a bottle of red came to around 45-50 euros.

“Best tapas ever tried”
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

I was in seville for 2 days staying in hotel America, the staff recommended me to go to the restaurant for dinner, we went and it was perfect. They had more than 30 over tapas to be chosen,my favorite was the codfish and duck bonbon (foie gras) and actually I liked all their tapas! Almost everything. I tried more than 10 tapas on day 1 with 3 drinks (beer soda and water) and the bill was below 30 euros. Amazing! We seated at the bar and the food came within a minute (perfect!). I decided to go again the next day :D but this time round I tried other dishes and it was still perfect, but the staff serving us couldn't speak English and wasn't very nice actually, so we went to order from the same guy I ordered from the previous day and he remembered us and taught us some Spanish. My favorite restaurant nevertheless of the whole Spain :)

“Best tapas!”
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

Excellent price/quality ratio. The place was really crowded and self service could be challenging (but is part of the charm). The best tapas we ha in Sevilla!