“Ok food. Not so good service.”

Osteria L'Oca Giuliva
Ranked #56 of 2,927 Restaurants in Seville
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Neighborhood: Casco Antiguo
Reviewed November 13, 2012

We arrived at approx 21.00 on a Saturday evening and this restaurant was absolutely packed. We decided to sit outside as the weather was fine and amazingly you can still sit outside and eat in Seville in November! Service was slow, which could be forgiven as it was so busy, but having food slammed down in front of you without even a smile or any kind acknowledgement some what grated. In an Italian restaurant the least you expect is to be offered freshly milled pepper and Parmesan, but this offer was severely lacking. A good selection of wine was on offer, but when we selected ours we were told by the waitress that we didn't want that one as it was only a 375ml bottle! It was only for two of us as the rest of the party was drinking beer. (I think at 43 I know what I like and what I would like to order......I found this a little irritating)
The food was good, pasta appeared to be homemade and cooked well. One of our party ordered gnocchi, which was not so good and appeared to be from a packet. Not what you expect from a good quality Italian Restaurant, charging high end prices.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,677)

Reviewed November 11, 2012

We had eaten our weight in jamon and decided it was time to try something else. This restaurant was right across the street from our hotel (Hotel Casa 1800--also very good), so we gave it a try, and we were not disappointed. Both of our pasta dishes were fabulous, as was our dessert. I had a special pasta that was formed into 3 spiral rolls and contained ricotta cheese and tomatoes. I wish I could remember what it was called! My daughter had pasta with shrimp. For dessert, we had cheesecake with berries. Everything was super yummy, and the service was terrific. The restaurant is small, but very inviting and comfortable. We had been jostledin crowds for much of the day, so it was nice to find a quiet place to sit, eat, and relax. We arrived at about 8:00 pm, and we were lucky to get a table for 2 without a wait. If you have a larger group or plan on eating at a prime time (9pm or later), I suggest reservations. When we left, there was a line for tables, and the only people being seated quickly were those with reservations.

1  Thank FussyGrl
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Great Italian food and a nice refresh from tapas and seefood!
The ambience is great and the service very kind and efficient.
Went there three times in a 3 days stay in Seville.
Highly recomend!

1  Thank Lilian41
Reviewed November 5, 2012

A very cute restaurant serving very good Italian food right around the corner from the Cathedral and Alcazar. Perfect timing when I was craving something other than tapas!

1  Thank delphi927
Reviewed November 5, 2012

After a week of travelling through Andalusia we wanted to have a bit of change from the traditional food. This small Italian restaurant has certainly provided this change. Very friendly service and plenty of excellent food. We ended up going there 3 times. Make sure you book a table or come around 22:00 -- you still might need to wait in a queue for 10-15 minutes...

and again -- one of the friendliest staff we've met during our trip.

1  Thank Eugene B