“Andalusian kitchen at its best”
Review of La Azotea

La Azotea
Ranked #21 of 2,645 Restaurants in Seville
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Rome, Italy
“Andalusian kitchen at its best”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

This is the place where you can have perfectly prepared tapas (and also bigger dishes) with modern twist while having a nice glass of wine. This restaurant seem usually packed up (even in lunch), so be prepared to wait or better grab a space at bar (having a bar stool would be best option). In any case, you would end up having perfect food (in a comfortable way or not).

"chief's croquet" would be nice start for those who are new to tapas culture, and also this will support your ideas about how other plates would like to be. To tell the truth anything you would choose would be great new adventure and you won't be disappointed. Well. carry a dictionary if you are cautious or if you are on a specific diet. Modern twist is making the food comfortable for anyone and easy.

Kitchen and the bar service is quite snappy, even in their peak time. Do not miss the orange cream dessert with a scoop of an ice cream & lemon sorbet. The prices are great for this kind of superior food.

You should avoid this restaurant only if you are looking for a silent & cool dining experience.

• Visited February 2013

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Seville, Spain
“amazing”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I went to Azotea last night and sat at the bar and had Tapas...great atmosphere...great food...incredible service. It is probably my favorite tapas place I have gone and I have tried a ton! The food was so fresh and tasty! For once I felt like the food wasn´t prepared before... I can´t wait to go back! There are 3 locations 2 near Alameda, one near Plaza Nueva. 100% should try it you´ll love it!

• Visited January 2013
perth
“Can't fault it!!”
Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I were recommended to eat at La Azotea by a shop assistant in a sunglasses shop. We thought we would try it out and we are glad we did!
The service was really great. Even though it was quite busy, the friendly staff served our food quickly and kept filling our wine glass. The wine was really great and complimented our meal. The food was really really good. Everything tasted fresh, and they were quite innovative with their flavours. A favourite was the duck with sweet potato and passionfruit! It was flavoursome and the duck just melted in my mouth!
Although it did get quite busy, (it's obviously popular with the locals), the staff kept up with orders and there was a really nice ambience!
Definitely my favourite place to eat in Spain so far!

Seville, Spain
“Good food and service but noisy and busy”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Food is really good and they deliver nice red and white wines. Probably not a good choice if you are looking for some calm and spacy place, people are a bit stacked there, specifically during the winter. They do not accept reservations. If you arrive late you may end up eating standing (which is quite common between locals though).

This is not a restaurant, but a bar delivering good quality food (probably at the same level of other existing restaurants in this area).

If you can trade off between eating good food and staying in a noisy environment, they visit this place.

• Visited November 2012
San Jose, California
“A Top Restaurant in the World!”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

My friends and I had dinner here during our trip to Spain - it was not only the best restaurant we ate at on our 2 week trip, but its one of my top 5 favorite restaurants in the world! If you get there early enough, and are as lucky as us, ask for Juan (the owner). Don't even look at the menu and ask him to order for you. He'll take amazing care of you (and will only order what you need). This restaurant will blow your mind! It makes me sad knowing that I may never get the chance to taste the amazing-ness that is azotea ever again in my life. This is a MUST for anyone visiting Seville.

• Visited September 2012