“Good - but quirky”
Review of Taberna La Sal

Taberna La Sal
Reserve with
Taberna La Sal is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #194 of 2,961 Restaurants in Seville
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Casco Antiguo
Reviewed December 3, 2011

Interesting food at this quiet little tapas/restaurant. Reasonably priced. Attentive service. Tuna specialities. An excellent light lasagne dish was memorable. Recommended

Reviewed October 20, 2011

We were the first to sit at this restaurant - myself, my husband and the two kids. The waiter did not speak English, but he had to be the most friendly and patient waiter we came across in our trip to Sevilla. This isn't the 'traditional tapas' that a lot of the bars want you to think that they are, but this is a bit more forward thinking, and a bit more modern approach. We kind of know what we like with menus, but after ordering a couple of tapas, we also took the waiter's recommendations and were not disappointed. The Pulpo was super, and the lasagne (not italian version) was good too. Kids loved the Calamares a la Plancha, and the Morcilla was also tasty. Ok, so it isn't Michelin starred, but I can honestly say that it was tasty food, and I would doubt that you would be disappointed. We also ate at the No1 rated restaurant, and reckon it was similar levels as this. Oh, and the toilets were clean and had toilet paper and soap. A huge plus!

Reviewed September 2, 2011

Tucked away down a little pedestrian corridor with a few outside tables, this is a gem among many lovely Tapas venues. We wish we had found it on our first day, not our last! Right in the centre of things, I advise fairly early lunchtime eating if you want to be outside as the sun will beat down on you later. We had 5 different plates to share and all were delicious, modern, unusual, delicate morsels of heaven and perfect for light lunch. Smiley service and a charming, quiet area just away from the buzz a matter of 30 metres away.

Reviewed July 28, 2011

My girlfriend and I chose La Sal on our first night in Seville simply because it was quiet and that was what we were looking for. Our waiter was really kind and welcoming and patient with my halting Spanish. The tapas were small (as they should be), but really fine quality and tasty. I recommend the local speciality of samosas filled with Andalucian black pudding - really delicious. Wine was excellent and the bill extremely reasonable.

A good choice if you've tipped up late to one of the hotels nearby.

Reviewed June 30, 2011

We went to Taberna la Sal as a recommended tapas bar by the front desk person at Hotel Amadeus.

This was not an authentic tapas bar but an overpriced restaurant with mediocre food. Service was extremely slow even by Spanish standards. To top it all, the price of the food was simply ridiculous. We ordered a small plate of 4 slices of paper-thin ham (4,75 €), 8 small mussels (5,50 €), 1 grilled calamari (8 €), 4 salt drizzled shrimps (8,80 €) and my son got a raciones of very thin and dry filet mignon with fries (13,13 €) with a side of white rice (6 € !!!). We had a pitcher of sangria for 15 € and an extra glass for 5 €. The worst of all charges was for 2 pieces of bread for 4,56 € ! All in all, we spent 70 € on tapas that are not worth raving about. We left extremely disappointed and felt completely ripped off.

There are a lot of better tapas bars in Seville. I should have checked Tripadvisor's restaurant recommendation instead of taking the advice of our hotel's staff.

4  Thank luv2trvl09NY