“Disappointing- give it a miss”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Vineria San Telmo

Vineria San Telmo
Ranked #41 of 2,612 Restaurants in Seville
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Disappointing- give it a miss”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

I had high expectations having read the tripadvisor reviews. However, I was left disappointed. The food itself was pretty good and well presented with fairly reasonable prices in part. I had the argentinian fillet which turned out to be a ribeye.. Still, it was well cooked and delicious. My partner had the pork loin which had great flavour. My main gripe is with the service...our waiter was inattentive, surly and rude. Menus were carelessly thrust at us. Plates were hastily plonked down without any eye contact. Our wine order was finally taken after the starters were finished. Other diners seemed too to be treated with disregard...I noticed the couple next us becoming increasingly exasperated with being ignored. Sadly, we didn't enjoy the meal, it's sad to see good, well thought out food (which I am sure the chefs work hard at preparing) being let down by poor poor service. Seville is a great place and there are many other restaurants which have great food and great service. I suggest you give them a chance and Vineria San Telmo a miss.

Juan T, Propietario at Vineria San Telmo, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Hello Minchminch:

My name is Juan Manuel Tarquini, and I am the owner of the vineria. I read you review about the vineria and I want to thank you for all your compliment about the food.
Regarding the service, I have no words to express my concern. I do not know what happened that night but I will do my best to find out. If I am not able to find out who served your table, I am going to emphasize to simple steps of serving a table with a good attitude. If you can give me some more details about the date of your meal or details about the person who served you that night, I will really appreciated, if you remember something else my mail is jmtarquini@vineriasantelmo.com. We are humans and we make mistakes too.
Again, sorry for your negative experience and I hope you can give us another chance to fix the bad image we gave you. Regards.
JMT

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London
“A good tourist place to try out tapas”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

This is a very good place to try out tapas for the first time. Waiters spoke English and advised on portion sizes. We are vegetarians so the dishes we could have were limited, however the ones we had were nice.

There were no locals here, but this shouldn't be a negative as such. It felt comfortable and did not disappoint.

Visited October 2012
Hi LondonLazzy:

My name is Juan Manuel Tarquini and I am the owner of the Vineria. I want to thank you for taking your time to write a review bout your experience at the Vineria. I do not know if you were awere that your review was the number 1000 so because of that I woul like to celebrate such an important number for us, and my way to celebrate that is inviting you a meal for two people at the Vineraia, so if come back to Seville, plese, write me at jmtarquini@vineriasantelo.com and I will be more than happy to fulfill my invitation. Regards.

Juan Manuel Tarquini Alexeew
“Excellent Tapas bar and restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

Terrific food in midst of Seville's touristy cafes and restaurants. Plates come in 3 sizes: tapa, 1/2 portion or full. Large servings so my suggestion is you go for tapas and try as much variety as you can. All worth it!!

Santa Monica, California, United States
“Something a Bit Different”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

Very well-prepared food... still very Spanish but several steps above the average tapas restaurant in both conception and execution. We went twice during our five days in Sevilla.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank SrCraig
Whyteleafe, United Kingdom
“Love it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

Very nice tapas. Try the bulls tail!! Food and drinks are a good price. We had several tapas, several beers, dessert, and 35€ bill was very good. Liked it do much we came back with friends from our tour group. Love it.