“Your pension in Sevilla”

Pension Virgen de la Luz
Ranked #3 of 70 Seville B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I stayed 5 nights at the pension Virgen de la Luz. Gustavo and Antonio are very kind, helpful and professional. The pension is extremely well situated in Séville, right in the center close to anything worth visiting in the city. It's also close to the train station Santa Justa which is very convenient. There are bars and shops on the street nearby. It is a nice pension with a typical patio and it is very very clean. The only thing which could be a problem is the noise done by some of the hosts. This happened to me on the first night, young people were very loud and I couldn't sleep. Gustavo and Antonio understood the situation very well and gave me another room and I could enjoy my stay. I really appreciated their professional reaction. I had a wonderful stay in Séville and I definitely recommend this pension.

Room Tip: I recommend the rooms on the first floor, they are quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Mousepotato31

Reviewed March 4, 2014

I stayed in two different ensuite rooms and both were great. This hostel is in a perfect location just minutes walking distance from so many attractions. It is clean and they make the beds and give you new towels every single day. The shower was hot and strong and the wifi signal was perfect, even on the lovely rooftop patio. Everyone working there were so helpful and friendly and helped me out when I wanted to extend my stay. I always felt at home. The only negative I found was that the walls were quite thin making the rooms a bit noisy but just ask for a quiet room if you are a light sleeper.

Room Tip: The room on the bottom floor was nice and big, had lots of storage space, a desk, and a heater!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank HappyVegasGirl
Reviewed February 13, 2014 via mobile

The pension is really a nice place with a typical fountain in the hall. The rooms are clean and the shower is good! There's a rooftop terrace with lounge beds. José from the reception is so Nice and friendly. He is very helpful! Just outside is a very good place to have breakfast, run by a sweet Italian lady.

The best part is that you're very close to the city and have most interesting sites within walking distance, Santa Cruz district with restaurants and bars is a 5 minute walk. Check out a Flamenco show in La Carbonería!

We will definitely go back here when visiting Sevilla!

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Debbie v
Reviewed January 6, 2014

The pension is in a quiet side street within walking distance of the best areas of town. The whole place is spotlessly clean and looks like it's been recently renovated in the local style. The room I had was very small, but at 20 Euros it was great value, with a decent size bathroom and wifi in the room.
The couple that run are friendly and obviously take pride in their place.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank Amexpat56
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I had an excellent time :-) The hostel is run by a very hospitable hosts. I received a warm welcome, was given a map and advised where to walk, eat etc. The hostel is in great location, on a tiny street, close to city center. My room was clean. The water was always hot. The towels were provided. I booked a single room with shared bathroom which was later changed to a single room with my own bathroom with no extra charge!
I definitely recommend staying there. Reasonable price, very good service.

Monika

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank monika b
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Very nice hostel with a little rooftop area to chill and drink in the sunshine. The owner was helpful and teh rooms were comfortable and clean. It's a bit of a walk through the maze of Seville to the city center, but once you've figured it out, it's fine. We had our own bathroom, which was very clean as well as the shared bathrooms. Only minor criticism would be that the window of our room went to the inside of the building, which meant that it was never dark in the room at night.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I probably didn't read the details closely enough but arriving on a hot afternoon, was not overly impressed by the ground floor room with only a fan (thought it was air conditioned) we were given. Even less so when we discovered that sitting on the loo, you looked straight up though a small window to the first floor landing. We climbed up and put a t-shirt over it which was replaced by baking foil a few days later by the management.

Room otherwise was fine for the price apart from the damp sauna smell which seemed to emanate from the unsealed pine door surround to the bathroom. We got used to it. Bathroom is part of the inner courtyard so the whole building is party to your every bodily function.

The manager was very helpful & provided a city map with lots of suggestions on. Went up to the roof terrace one afternoon & would say the stairs to the top two floors could be difficult for less able visitors.

It was a cheap, central base to explore Seville but would not return.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple