“Wonderful Stay”

Pension Virgen de la Luz
Ranked #3 of 70 Seville B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My parents came to visit me studying abroad in Sevilla and stayed at pension virgen de la luz. The place was very well decorated which they said it enhanced their experience. The owner was one of the nicest and most accommdating people I have seen in a hostel. It was clean, bright, and only a short walk from all the important sites.

Room Tip: The double rooms with private bathroom appeared the best
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Pension Virgen de la Luz

Reviewed December 12, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at this pension for one night while we were in Seville. The receptionist (owner?) is kind, speaks fluent English and Spanish, and was able to provide us with a city map and recommendations for affordable bars and flamenco shows. Although we do wish he would have also provided breakfast recommendations as the pension doesn't serve breakfast! The room we stayed in was huge (there was one bunk bed, one single bed, and one double bed) and had a sink and blankets. The air conditioner-heater worked fine and kept us warm and cozy at night. BUT, the window did not close (we had to keep it closed with a hair tie) and the lamp didn't turn on. The shower was warm and bath soap was provided (no shampoo or conditioner). The WIFI was a bit dodgy on the second floor. On the day of our departure, I was quite disappointed that there was no one to see us out. Because the day before, the receptionist had told me that I would be able to store my suitcase there until my bus. In the end, I had to bring it with me. Also, if you do stay here with a big suitcase, try to get a room on the first floor because the stairs to the second and third floor are very narrow and steep. I would consider staying here again but I'd probably look at other places before choosing this one.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sweetest_strawberry
Reviewed December 3, 2012

We live in Portugal and like to do some weekendtrips . . . We went to Sevilla for the 3. time, first time in this establishment. The staff (especialy Manila) is very friendly, the room (No. 8) was small, but clean. The bathroom is outside of the room, but no problem for us and no confusions with other guests. Because the Aircondition was out of order, the room was veeeryyyyyy cold (first weekend of december)!! The other minus was, that nobody cleaned our room during our stay there (two nights). When you are looking for a room only for sleeping and taking showers, this is a good adress. If you like to stay in your room to have a rest, watching TV, reading etc., better look for another location. If you have heavy bagage or problems with your health, take a room at the ground or first floor!!
The price is a bit to expensiv for this little comfort.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Lexara78
Reviewed October 5, 2012

A nice place, with friendly staff and good location. We had the room on the ground floor that gave on to the street, so with the windows open because of the hot weather, it was a bit noisy when 'refreshed' Spanish men walked home shouting at night, but I think the other rooms above would have avoided this. Quaint and nicely decorated.

Room Tip: Not the ground floor
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KirstyF59
Reviewed October 1, 2012 via mobile

I very recently spent 5 nights in this pension which is located on a quiet pedestrian alley, a 10-15 minute walk from the Santa Cruz area and cathedral. The pension is a no-frills, spotlessly clean budget option and very good value considering it's proximity to the main sights. I had a small double ensuite room (€30/night) with aircon, which was a blessing as the temperature in Seville was in the mid-high 30s every day while I was there. Henna and Rodrigo were lovely, helpful people to deal with and were founts of information re places to eat, providing maps and directions, etc. There are lots of lovely cheap little tapas bars and coffee shops in the immediate area in which to have your breakfast and/or other meals. Room tip: as a previous reviewer noted, the rooms are spread over 2/3 levels around a central atrium and some of the rooms don't have a window at all, or the window looks into the interior. My room had an "interior" window and I found that my room was quite bright at night because of lights on outside and just a flimsy, see-through "curtain" on the window which didnt have shutters to block out the light. If you prefer a room with an exterior window, you would need to specify that when booking! Finally, I thoroughly enjoyed my stay here and would stay here again on a return visit to Seville. A big thanks to Rodrigo and Henna for their kindness and help.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank DeeBeeIrl
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I have been there for & night booking in budgetplace, and I found it very nice; the room was very small but with window and shower was hot; the stairs to jump there, a little difficult and the owner helped me with my luggage once, saying that go down is easier. He is not so gentle, he complained because I was late because he welcome you and then disappear...
It is close to the center and to the Prado de San Sebastian, there arrive the bus from airport and leave the buses for other cities

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank orybal
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Pension Virgen de la Luz was great. Certainly better than we expected for the price! It's a riad style building in a great location, close to some fantastic tapas bars (particularly Alfama Bar and La Bodega) and within a 10 minute walk through the winding and interesting streets to the main square. The staff were really helpful and gave us advice on where to go, what to do, where to eat etc. The room was basic, but clean and comfortable with plenty of space for the 3 of us. It felt safe and secure and generally comfortable. It was a little noisy when guests would return in the middle of the night as the voices echo in the courtyard but this could happen anywhere. All in all, we had a great stay here and would have no hesitation in recommending it to those who are looking for a room on a small budget.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends