“Excellent Value, great location”
Review of Hotel Sevilla

Hotel Sevilla
Ranked #85 of 177 Hotels in Seville
Reviewed December 7, 2011

I spent two nights at this hotel, on the 2nd and 4th December. In between I spent a night in Cordoba. It was in an excellent location, good public transport to the main station, a five minute walk away. The hotel was very good value, the rooms spotless and comfortable. There is breakfast available but equally, a good cafe/restaurant opposite the hotel. Overall a very enjoyable experience. My one issue would be a grumpy night-porter when my friends and I arrived back at the hotel at 1am. Aside from this I would thoroughly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank jon G
There are newer reviews for Hotel Sevilla

Reviewed November 30, 2011

Perfect location, really pretty and beautifully decorated small hotel. Very clean and friendly staff. Stayed for 5 nights and found it easy to walk to the main shops and sights. Tip - take a travel kettle etc as no tea/coffee making facilities.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed October 2, 2011

Overall this hotel was clean and well located for visiting for Seville & ok value for money. The rooms were small but nicely decorated, but no space really for storing suitcases.
Unfortunately during our stay there was a strong smell of drains in the bathroom & we felt the shower was poor. We had an inward facing room onto the courtyard rather than out onto the square - it might be worth asking for this, especially as the square facing rooms on 3rd+4th floor have a sizeable balcony.
We booked a double but as often happens this was two singles pushed together-with single sheets, which I don't think really classes as a double bed!
My one main complaint was the airconditioning, when we visited it was 30oC most days and very warm at night. The aircon is great when working-this was only during the day when we were not in the room! We mentioned this after our first night & were told it is switched off overnight and in the morning, but would be switched on in our room that night. It wasn't and we mentioned it again....and again but during our 3 night stay we had no airconditioning overnight which made the room hot and uncomfortable.
We were able to get wi-fi in our room, but had to sit on the end of the bed near to the door!
The staff were friendly and helpful, providing extra pillows & helpful with booking taxis.
Overall I thought the hotel was nice, but the issue with the airconditioning would stop me from staying here again. I think it is unfair to advertise this as a feature when it is only on at set times.
I would highly reccomend Bar Alfalfa in the Santa Cruz area to eat-Italian tapas, which was a nice alternative.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the square with a balcony
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Fran_L_81
Reviewed September 21, 2011

The location of this hotel is what makes it, as is the price. Although it is located in the centre of town very close to the historical sights such as the cathedral and main shopping area, it is located in a small square. Although there a couple of cafes in the square, which I thought a bit worrying at first, it is thankfully, relatively quiet. Our room was clean, double bed. Decorated in white and the ever present red which you see everywhere in this city. There was free WIFI in the public areas only, which is a shame as it would have been nice to have it in our room as well. There was no breakfast, which was rather surprising as I thought this was standard in Europe, but no big deal as we just popped downstairs to one of the cafes. The staff was friendly and did their best to speak English, which at times proved a bit difficult, but still they tried their best and for this I give them credit.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Good location, good price. Lovely courtyard to relax in and cool off from the hot spanish sun. No cooling in the room and when we went in search of a fan the grump at the desk wasn't too happy to lend it to us and told us to bring it back the next day (which we didn't!), otherwise all good. Oh yeah, room was very small, but ok for us as we only needed a bed.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 26, 2011

Hotel Sevilla is in a great location, just steps from one of the main shopping avenues and on a small square with cafes for hanging out. Staff is multilingual and very helpful. No breakfast. Room was a bit small but I probably got the smallest room in the place since I was traveling alone. Room was not clean when I showed up and smelled of smoke; however, they quick cleaned it, although not immaculate. Air conditioning is available but master switch has to be turned on by the front desk (good to know although they did not tell me that on check in). Bed was comfortable, a bit noisy from the courtyard as the cleaning staff start early working and talking. Overall great value for location.

Room Tip: Ask for room facing square and air conditioning
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank trnsamwp
Reviewed May 23, 2011

Our stay in this hotel was very pleasant. The room was very nicely decorated and we had a double bed that had a balcony overlooking the small square which was lined with orange trees. There are 2 very nice cafes/restaurants just outside the hotel in the small square and it was very nice to enjoy a drink here before going to sleep in the evenings. There was no excessive noise from these cafes, it was all closed by a little after midnight every night. The hotle staff were very pleasant and relaxed, there was a family run feeling to the place. on the morning we checked out there was no problem storing our bags while we enjoyed our last half day before our flight home. The only tiny issue was the bed and pillow, the bed was half on wheels so it was a little noisy! The pillow was a bit crap but I'm sure if you asked in reception they would be more than willing to give extras.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the square
Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple