“Excellent and fast when we were in a hurry”

San Marco Santa Cruz
Ranked #197 of 3,211 Restaurants in Seville
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Casco Antiguo
Description: Italian restaurant that serves Mediterranean food in a unique environment, an Arabic bath from the 12th century. The establishment has different ambiances divided on three floors. Fresh food and professional waiters. High hygiene and full comply of sanitary measures for COVID-19.
Reviewed August 30, 2016

We were in a rush and only had 50 minutes for dinner. We told the host and he assured us they could cope. They were right but more importantly the food was first class. Excellent goat's cheese starter and then tuna for a main. My partner says that the paella was great. Desert was pretty good too. A real shame we had to rush as it was a lovely meal in a great setting.

Date of visit: August 2016
Write a reviewReviews (2,732)

Reviewed August 30, 2016

Strolling back to our hotel (Hotel Sevilla Centre) through the warren of streets, my wife and I came across this restaurant, it looked interesting so we decided to give it a try that night.
We arrived to be asked had we a reservation!! Oops, no. But we were in good hands and we were guided up the stairs (they told us it would be nearer to the air con as my wife was a bit overcooked from the days walking). The food and service, and surprisingly, the price, was so good we returned the following night.
A lovely experience in a lovely setting.
The only thing we didn't like was the fact we only found this gem on the second last evening of our stay in Seville.

Reviewed August 29, 2016

I went for Sunday Pranzo with an empty stomach and years of Italian Experience. After being seated I was virtual left alone in the midst of the waiters. So much so that they gathered all the silverware up before asking if I wanted a second corse. It was Sunday and so I ate soup to nuts but the staff was clueless (not mean - just clueless). To be honest I was expecting to be there for 3+ hours-It was Sunday after-all but others might have been put off. Better Italian is La Gallina Bianca (see additional review).

Reviewed August 28, 2016

AS we entered we were sort of shown to a table, I got the vibe that we were not welcome.
They brought the menu and we picked our drinks and food. I asked a question and the waiter made me feel like I should not be asking questions.....errm ok I'm the customer!!

My husband's beer was delivered while I waited on my fanta lemon, why? Well the food arrived and it was excellent I have to admit. We both got salmon. My drink was empty but nobody asked if I wanted another. We just sat there and waited and not even dessert or coffee was offered so we waked for he bill and left.

WE ONLY PICKED THIS PLACE TO SEE INSIDE AS IT WAS ONCE AN ARAB BATH AND PART OF THE JEWISH INTERPRETATION WALKING TOUR SO WE wanted to see inside after our tour as it was closed earlier. I would not return. I felt unwelcome and like we were bothering them. Ok then.

1  Thank ItalianChicken1
Reviewed August 26, 2016 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our meal. Great ambience, first class service and great wine list. We had a stuffed aubergine and a carpaccio beef as shared entrées followed by paella mains. Deserts were fabulous also. Recommended.