“Lovely place to stay in Seville with a real independent feel but help only a phone call away (local phone in apartment)”

La Casa del Pozo Santo
Ranked #17 of 160 Specialty Lodging in Seville
Santa Cruz, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

Great apartment with a washer/dryer, dish washing machine, stovetop. It was a nice stay and place to relax in Seville. Only took about ten minutes to walk down to the cathedral and was a great place to start our evening paseo from.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank RebK94

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Finnish first
Rabat
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2011

I have stayed at La Casa del Pozo Santo apartments for 3 nights, and I found it to be a poor choice, mainly because of inadequate service, and the poor quality of the apartment. Read on for more details.

I made the reservation through booking.com, after reading carefully all the notices and details related to the apartment. About 3 hours after I completed my payment on booking.com, (all in advance and with no cancellation possible), I received an e-mail from Casa del pozo santo, asking me to confirm my arrival time and my means of transportation by e-mail, and then to call them when I arrive in Sevilla. This means that after you make your reservation through booking.com, you still have to have access to e-mail, and then use your mobile phone (probably not a spanish one, if you're a tourist) when you are arriving in Sevilla. For me this was very inconvenient, as I don't have a Spanish phone, and I did not plan to have e-mail access until my arrival in Sevilla.

They need you to call them when you enter Sevilla because their office is located 10-15 minutes from the apartments, so that they can come and welcome you.

My problem with all this is that it is not mentioned on booking.com. If it was, I would choose another accommodation.

Regarding the apartment, it was on the ground floor, very very dark. The reception staff proposed to change us to another apartment, but with two separate beds, which did not fit us. On the bedroom's walls I found a lot of tiny unidentified insects, a sort of white ants, but they did not do anything else than walking on the wall. Cleaning staff came on Monday to clean the court and some apartments at 5:30 AM! Even though they tried their best to be quiet, the noise woke us up.

In conclusion, I have a piece of advice for tourists: don't go there. I also have a piece of advice for Casa del Pozo Santo: write on booking.com and similar sites what the (real) conditions for renting your apartments are.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
4 Thank EtaP
Venice, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2011

Very good position in the center of Seville. Fully furnished flat. the owner was really nice and provided us with all the info needed. Mind that getting to the apartment by car is really, really difficult. Quality/price ratio is very high.
Perfectly suited for couples, families and groups of friends.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2011

I had inquired online about a 2br apartment with disability access in April 2011 and got a pleasant response back that would be no problem. I booked paying half up front. We arrived late April for 3 days. 1) The place is really difficult to find! Its in a dead end street; but fairly central. Good if you can walk well; which I had indicated up front, my father cannot! 2) The front door is impossible to manage for someone with a walker, kids carriage, anybody who can't walk well. Its a door within a door and you have to step over a 1 foot ledge. They forgot to mention. 3) The ground floor apt we had has no windows! It has an inside courtyard, which lets some light in, but not much. Its dark. 4) The inside courtyard is a real hustle if any of the apts above have their windows open and talk at room loudness. You hear every word. 5) It is wet and moldy!!! See my pics. The paint is flaking off the ceiling and walls - no joke. When mentioned to the mgmt, we hear the excuse: Well, we rent the downstairs apts last. 6) The toilet is broken, it runs all the time. When we complained, the repair can be offered 3 days later. We fixed it ourselves! 7) The parking arrangement doesn't work either. If you travel with own car, the parking in the public garage does not work. Its too far, too expensive and impossible to find. Even the villa employee did not find it. 8) The only thing nice I can say: there are some good restaurants nearby. But I'll stay there never again and don't recommend it to anyone else. Its a money machine and doesn't show any love.

Room Tip: Insist on a upper level apt. There's a lift.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank Cocolino
Murcia, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2011

This was clean, tidy and we had a free upgrade! Pilar was wonderful, spoke perfect English, recommended us some great places and made us feel so welcome! It is located in a lovely spot down one of the perfect Sevillian alleys that lead to wonderful bars. We were given a great map and the welcome pack was really informative. We easily could've opted for a hotel but this was equally priced and had more room! There was two small balconies, a well equipped kitchen and 2 bathrooms. There is also a lovely reception area inside the building with seating and a water feature. Would stay again when coming back to Seville (which we will because it was one of the most beautiful cities we've seen!)

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2011

We stayed here because we booked late and our first choice hotel was booked up. It was an okay choice, but not great.

The decor was old-fashioned but functional. Wireless internet access was intermittent. The bed was rock-hard - I like a firm mattress, but this was actually uncomfortable. The bedroom was very small. You have to walk through the bedroom to get to the bathroom, which would be really irritating for anyone staying on the sofa bed. Having said all that, the shower was really good, as was the a/c, and the place as a whole was fine for a couple of days - I just really wouldn't recommend it for a longer stay.

The location is really quite far out - about 20 minutes' walk from the Cathedral. It makes for a nice interesting walk, but it wouldn't be great if you wanted to be near the action. And even though it's not central, it's still noisy and poorly soundproofed, from both noise with the block and from outside - we got woken up pretty early.

The apartments aren't serviced at all - there is no reception. When we arrived, we were left a note saying that we had to pay on the first morning, and when I rang to ask how, I was told I'd have to wait for 45 minutes for someone to come to the apartments! I asked if there was an alternative and was told I could pay at the office by the Cathedral, which was fine, as that was where we were going that morning. But I found it galling to be made to either wait or walk a long way just so they could take money off me!

I found the apartments very expensive for what they were (especailly in comparison to the amazing apartments we stayed in in Granada just afterwards, which were over 40E cheaper for twice the quality). Transfers in particular were exorbitant - 25E to the station, which is less than 10 minutes' away. However, it's useful to have the transfer on the way there from the airport or station - it's good to shown to the door, which I imagine would be hard to find the first time otherwise (although it's not difficult to navigate back to once you've been once).

On the whole, not a great experience, but adequate if you can't find somewhere better.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LondonAlicat
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2011

We stayed here in January. Our bedroom walls had major rising damp problems, paint flakes coming off the walls, discolouring and smell. We woke up tired and suffering from allergy everyday. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed February 2011