“Cool hotel in Hot Seville.”
Review of EME Catedral Hotel

EME Catedral Hotel
Ranked #49 of 177 Hotels in Seville
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I thought I'd write up a quick review as my wife and I are currently stying here. If you're planning a trip to Seville and are looking for somewhere über-cool and sexy then this is the place for you!
Take our word for it, and not those reviewers who said otherwise.
As soon as we rocked-up at reception we were offered a free upgrade to a fantastic room with private hot-tub on our own private deck. The staff had the courtesy to inform us that it may be a bit more noisy here but we have not complaints on that front.
The staff have been super helpful with everything (and yes that includes the girls in the cocktail bar on the terrace!)
Try to get room 321 which we're in now. Highly recommend it!
We'll be back again!

• Stayed: September 2012
EMEhotelSevilla, EME Staff at EME Catedral Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2012

Greetings Alfitz13:
Just satisfaction is what we feel when we look at comments like yours.

For EME catedral hotel is a priority the welfare of their customers, and knowing that your stay has been so helpful, certainly by the added value of the location of our facilities in the cultural center, shopping and entertainment district is a reason to know that we are on the best path to excellence.

Without other comments, pending perhaps a future visit to Seville and our rooms, we say goodbye very happy,
EME Staff

Write a ReviewReviews (1,501)

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Great roof terrace bar bang opposite the Cathedral. Charming, professional staff who all looked as if they had been recruited from central casting! Our room was generously proportioned, quiet and with great aircon. Only comment is that bathroom layout was slightly weird - bath in main room, shower and loo in another with a sort of 'breakfast bar' area for sink/toileteries in main room. Not a complaint, just found it weird. Only word of advice is do not try and drive to this hotel - we did and almost lost the will to live! The old part of Seville consists of narrow streets with a lot of 'no through' roads. We ended up dumping the car back at the airport and getting a cab in.

Room Tip: Probably go for one on opposite side to Cathedral because of the clock/bell chimes
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Excellent location right in the middle of the city. When you enter this hip hotel you already get a really good vibe, the ambience is cool with trendy music, sea aromas and a hip decoration that is a mix between an oriental spa and minimal european design.

We stayed in a deluxe room, which was spacious and very well decorated. Two spaces separated through a hallway, the bath tub was next to the bed, and high ceilings with the beams visible made it a very special and cool room. Clean as if we were the first guests staying there. Very low lighting and a very soft and comfortable bed.

The common spaces such as the roof top swimming pool and the "patio" where breakfast was served were nice. The swimming pool and the space around it to sunbathe could be a lot bigger though...

The staff were nice and helpful,

In summary , next time we go back to Sevilla we will stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2012

From the time we arrived until our departure our experIence was first class - welcoming staff, room was stunning & very comfortable. The extra touches in services & room attention to detail was appreciated. Not forgetting a brilliant location.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I have meant to write this review for some time. We stayed at EME Catedral for 4 glorious nights in July 2011. After booking this hotel, I agonized over some of the reviews that I saw on Tripadvisor. I am now planning a trip next summer to Provence and stopped to look at my Spain hotels as I was browsing for hotels in France. I really am surprised at some of the reviews.

This hotel is spotlessly clean, amazingly funky and it was simply an experience.
Not for everyone....no it is not children friendly..the web site obviously shows that this is a trendy hotel with a nightclub atmosphere.
The rooms are beautifully decorated. The standard room that our friends stayed in was not large and the lighting was too low...BUT did you look to see where it was you were sleeping?..mere feet from the wonderful cathedral of Seville.
The rooftop bar and pool are simply "cool". This is a very tiny trendy bar overlooking the cathedral. Night views are to die for....yes the drinks are expensive..but you are not paying for the drink..you are paying for a drink on this tiny rooftop patio, with misters over your head cooling you on the hot Seville night with the most amazing view you have ever seen. Stay for a drink or too and then move on to less expensive locations if you have had enough of the view.
As far as the staff, they were by far the most beautiful people I have ever seen (maybe that is what puts some people off). At least 50% of them spoke English and they all offered impeccable service.

We booked a room with a terrace overlooking the cathedral. When we arrived late at night they were giving us a room with no terrace but a great view. We complained and the manager ended up giving us one of the penthouse suites (private hot tub, numerous private decks all overlooking the cathedral) for two of our 4 nights. We moved to the room we booked for the final two nights. It was heaven. Actually we were a group of 4 and the penthouse has a bedroom on the main floor and a pull out couch in a private room on the second floor (yes two floors with decks off of each and a shared private pool that only 3 rooms can access). If I had it to do over again I would have booked this room for the 4 of us.

This lovely townhouse is not just a good location. You walk out the door into the old city, the cathedral is at your doorstep.

This hotel was special, not for everyone...but the location was to die for, the service was excellent, the upgraded rooms we got were wonderful. It was not inexpensive but we felt we got what we paid for.

We enjoyed the hotel, the staff and the wonderful funky ambience.

Last comment...we also went to Pamplona for St. Fermin (not to run we rented a balcony and watched the run) -if you are planning a trip to Spain time it to be there for the Running of the Bulls.

Room Tip: Upgrade...the rooms are expensive but the views are worth it.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 8, 2012

we chose this hotel for its location primarily as we only had the one day and night to stay in Seville. fantastic location by the cathedral. v stylish hotel but afraid it was style over substance. our room was quirky but have to say rather dark and for "5 STAR" hotel we did expect the fancy toiletry dispensers in the shower to actually contain the correct products! the roof terrace bar was stylish and unusual and worth a pre dinner drink for the atmosphere. However if you are after any kind of sleep before 1.30 am you need to be able to sleep with an awful lot of background noise and beware if you need a breakfast before 8 0 clock - you will be serving yourself. EME is more a trendy nightclub than a hotel!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I did not stay at this hotel and am so pleased that I went to the Gran Melia Colon instead.

I love going to hotel bars, especially ones with great views or atmosphere. So when I was planning my trip to Seville I thought that The Bar at the top of this hotel would be a great spot.

The Hotel itself looks great with excellent design features but I 'm sorry to say that this is where the quality ends.

The staff make it quite clear that we should be grateful to be served by them and none more so than at the bar. Looking like models with their designer sunglasses and clothes, it seems to be a real struggle to crack a smile. I asked for a cocktail list (as it is described as a cocktaiil bar) but they don't have one, rather than help with some suggestions you have to guess that they have the ability to do more than look pretty and actually mix a drink.

My cocktail was very poor quality, the limes were brown instead of green! When I decided to order a second drink that would be a bit more simple for them I couldn't find a barmaid. I looked across the roof and noticed that our barmaid had stripped off to her bikini and was taking a shower. Now I know that some people would say that having a women showering in front of you is great but as being a married man I would just prefer to enjoy a decent drink with my wife.

This hotel needs to understand that the "cool place to be seen" wont last long if the service is this poor. A smile and genuine pleasure to serve costs nothing but can deliver great rewards.

But as my title suggests if you like rubbish service with poor quality drinks but served by people who look good in stylish surroundings then this is the place for you, but I geuss that those people have more money than sense and also have the same attitude as our waitress.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple