“Romantic setting and very good food and wine”
Review of Corral del Agua

Corral del Agua
Ranked #377 of 2,868 Restaurants in Seville
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Casco Antiguo
Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Enjoyed a fantastic Rioja Riserva and also found the Oxtail special delicious. Incredibly romantic setting in the garden patio - perfect for a special dinner. Other dishes were good, but not great. Service is slow-paced but we were looking for a long relaxed dinner, so it was just fine.

Reviewed June 8, 2013

I think you pay a bit extra for that.

Menu del dia 18 euros for three courses. Salad. Chicken and an orange tart.

Tasty. Lots of passers by looking in and even taking photos. Reasonably busy at midday with mostly tourist clientele. Walking past at night it seemed to be jam packed. Saw it mentioned in the Dorling Kindersley guidebook.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

In the Barrio santa Cruz near the Real Alcazar, this restaurant is set in a beautiful flower-filled courtyard off a busy pedestrian only street. We enjoyed a relaxed lunch with excellent wine and attentive but unfussy service.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

I had three travel guides with me when visiting Seville, and on that particular day when we were very hot and tired, wanting somewhere to sit down and eat, I dug out the first one I came a across, which is a very reputable one (beginning with L btw), and found the one closest to us.

The courtyard is beautiful, romantic, cool and has everything Spanish about it. We were surprised that given the fact the restaurant is so close to the Alcazar, and it was the middle of lunch hour, the whole place was nearly empty. There was only one group of diners just about to leave. We sat down and as we had walked a lot and very hot, my husband asked for a beer straight away. The waiter said sth in Spanish, not in the most friendly manner. A younger waiter later explained that they are not a bar and don't serve drinks only. I had no idea what gave the impression that we didn't want food in the first place. When we expressed that we wanted to eat, the attitude changed greatly.

The food arrived, and as some fellow reviewers said, in very small portions with no effort of presentation at all. My almond chicken tasted OK, like an average chicken curry you get in the UK (the meat slightly dry). Rice was bland. My husband's pork tasted fine, but it came with no sauce. Instead, there were a few chips (hand-cut) and random vegetables that does nothing to the dish. They charge a lot for the bread, too, which was very poor quality. There is nothing to soak or mop the bread with. No olive oil was brought to the table until we asked.

The only good thing about this place is the location and the courtyard. The whole place was dead--we were the only one eating at 2.30pm on the doorsteps of the Alcazar. Food is well below average by Spanish standards, and it's totally overpriced! We went in based on recommendation of the travel guide, the fact we were hot, tired and that place takes credit card. What a mistake!

Reviewed May 9, 2013

We have had a few pleasurable days in Seville and and enjoyed tapas at many different bars and cafes. We thought we would treat ourselves to a meal at Corral del Agua with the enticing courtyard. Our meal was very disappointing. A few chips, boring vegetables and my chicken was black in the middle. I prepare better food myself at home. I would NOT recommend this restaurant.