“Excellent in every regard”

Restaurante Az-Zait
Ranked #29 of 2,736 Restaurants in Seville
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed December 20, 2013

We booked ahead (it is quite small), the staff spoke excellent English and were very knowledgeable about their food. We chose the basic "Gastronomico" option (€34) from the menu, and after advising of food allergies, left everything in the hands of the chef. The food was very well cooked, with exciting textures, colours, flavours and presentation. I still have no idea how that potato custard was so smooth. Could it be better? On the night, and in that situation, no. However, I did consider going back two nights later with different colleagues, and chose not to; the company you're in makes a difference, and I'd never take my kids, because it's for lovers of good food.

1  Thank Frank W
There are newer reviews for Restaurante Az-Zait

Reviewed November 20, 2013

We were surprised about the good quality. We too the a 5 course menu and everything was very good. Red wine was served a bit too cold. When in Seville, we will go there again.
We were there in absolute low season, probably that may be a reason that we were treated very well. We had no reason for complaining about bad service, like others reviewers did.

Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Food is good, service is obsequious, too much bad taste, like a french way of serving bad learned
Too expensive for such an artificial restaurant

1  Thank Angus N
Reviewed October 12, 2013

At the outset I should say that there is absolutely nothing wrong with this restaurant's food and service. The chef works his magic brilliantly; the service is smooth, helpful, and unobtrusive. The decor invites quiet dining amidst friends...

But why no new menu items? Perhaps I need to check my diary of past visits. I have been here three times. But the menu always seems to be the same. I emphasise: the food was fantastic, but why no new meal ideas?

The wine list is as good as ever. Good variety, and on the whole quite well priced. But a word of warning here: the menu includes a good Scotch at € 4 per glass either to have with your dessert or as a nightcap. But other Scotches on their trolley cost € 10 per shot more! I walked into that trap.

To sum up: still very good. But getting a trifle stale. And double check costs for certain items.

Reviewed September 21, 2013

It took quite some time to be seated, in fact a customer dining got up and got the waiters attention letting her know that a potential customer (me) was waiting. Food in general was very good and the waitress from Marbella was sweet but unfortunately did not know how to handle wine. I ordered a bottle of 2006 Protos reserva from Ribera del Douro. It was tannic and backward so I asked for the wine to be decanted. i could not believe my eyes - she just poured the whole bottle into the decanter. For those of You who think: What is wrong about that: All wines potentially have sediment, so when You decant a wine You use a candle or a torch, this way You will be able to see when the sediment is about to leave the bottle into the decanter and You leave the last bit of wine (and sediment) in the bottle. The rear label on the bottle said in spanish/english that the bottle was likely to have sediments... Almost full I remembered that the menu card mentioned "portion of cheese - 2.90 EUR" , so I asked the waiter to quit the desert and have some cheese. A little rolling table came with the cheese and I asked to taste a tiny bit of 6 spanish cheeses. When I got my bill it said: 6 queso - 17. 40 EUR... If there is any doubt, the waiter should have said: Every cheese cost 2.90 EUR. None of the cheeses were good by the way. I ended up paying more than 70 EUR for dinner for one person. What started as a good evening was ruined mainly by greed...