“a gem of a place”

Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Centro - Sagrario
Description: Restaurante situado en la misma entrada de la Alhambra junto al Generalife. Ubicado en un Carmen Granadino se encuentra rodeado de jardines y espectaculares vistas sobre la muralla de la Alhambra
Reviewed February 20, 2014

We had no idea which nearby restaurant to try whilst waiting for our allotted time into the Nasrid Palace at the Alhambra, but were charmed by the steps leading up the hill to the charming restaurant above and decided to give it a try. Once upstairs, it was quite a change from the hectic pace of tourists on the road below and we were able to relax and enjoy our meal. Not knowing what would be best or how long it would take to be served, we opted for the set meal, pork with fries /chips, wine and dessert - we were not disappointed in either friendly service and time to receive our meals or in the quality. We were delighted to have discovered this charming place and returned to the Alhambra refreshed and satisfied.

1  Thank KLsWanderlust

Reviewed February 7, 2014

Really welcoming service.Close to the alhambra great walk to get there. You are able to do tourism and have a good meal, good service all in one go. Not to miss its worth a visit.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

I come from Greece, and Jardines Alberto was the best of anywhere i've been in Alhambra!
The first thing you notice is the beautiful decoration and the happy atmosphere! The food is great, tasty, fresh and good portions! The value was great as well!
The staff was soo helpful, friendly and really quick ready to answer every request with a big smile, and they speak several languages!
I would really recommend it to anyone visiting the town!

Reviewed January 24, 2014

Whenever you're in Granada, I really recommend you to go have lunch or dinner at Jardines Alberto. The restaurant is perfectly located next to the Alhambra Palace, so, first of all, the route you need to take to this restaurant is really beautiful and a "must-go-and-see" for both tourists and Spanish residents. The meal I had was one of the best I experienced in Spain so far. One of the assets is that the menu is varied. While my family could enjoy the best Spanish meat ever (famous Jamón Ibérico from the nearly located Alpujarras), I had a great vegetarian meal, which is not always easy to find in one and the same restaurant in Andalusia. I'm sure anyone can find something that he/she likes, and the food is more than worth the money. I don't have any negative comments on the service either. Furthermore, both the interior and the terrace are very nice and create a great atmosphere. Enjoy your meals!

(PS. The waiter that served our table was handsome)

Reviewed December 9, 2013

Old cynic me, we arrived well ahead of time for our allotted entry to the Alhambra palace and right across the road on an elevated position sits Jardines Alberto, slap bang in the middle of the tourist trail. So in we go, fully expecting to have mediocre food, mediocre service and a sky high bill. How wrong was I !
Sharp, busy but friendly waiting staff showed us to a decent table ( after sussing we were in for lunch not just a coffee ) menus, water, bread and drinks order soon followed so cynic me is now expecting quick fire food and a speedy table turnaround, but no Nice waiter asked when we were due at the Alhambra and advised that would give us plenty of time for three courses, coffee and liquers and a relaxing seat watching the world go by before we had to leave. So the food came and went fried squid, house salad and fresh grilled fish. All very tasty and good sized portions We skipped desert and liquers but given how busy the place was of a lunchtime I was very impressed that we were never rushed nor hurried. Prices were decent for the quality of food and the location and would ( just have actually) recommend this restaurant. Just shows that not all restaurants in the middle of prime tourist territory and with no competition don't always try to rip you off