“Great place to stay in Granada.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Las Almenas

Hotel Las Almenas
Ranked #44 of 125 Hotels in Granada
“Great place to stay in Granada.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013 via mobile

What a great place to stay. Right in th heart of Granada just a short walk from the main areas. Great value with good attention to any issues. Owner could not have been more helpful. Thoroughly recommended.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank Fordanglia69

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Polish first
sunflower131202
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

This is a good hotel. It is good value and in a good location. Our room was exceptionally clean and comfortable. However.... The stay was an absolute disaster because we were given a room facing the main road. The sound from the traffic and passers by was unbearably loud all night long. Our second deal breaker was that our air con didn't work. It was very hot and that combined with the noise meant we got no sleep. I can't give this hotel a good review because of those two things as much as I wanted to.

Room Tip: Do not stay in a front facing room
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sunflower131202
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

This was a cute, traditional hotel about 10 minute walk from the center of town along one of the main streets, still a great location, and quiet. The man at reception (can't remember his name) was extremely nice and polite and helpful. Our room was upgraded when we arrived and we had our own large private balcony which made our stay. The room was large and clean. We couldn't believe what we paid for what we got- it was such a value. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank mishellyn
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

I've just checked into this hotel and I'm writing my review from my room here. This is a first for me, but this place is just so good, I couldn't wait. First of all, I'm so in awe of the gentleman at the reception. Such a polite, respectable person. If only every one were like him, hotels would be superb all the time(I'm ashamed at not having asked his name. I will update this space once I do)! Next, the hotel room is perfect. Very clean, has all the amenities you need and has a great bathroom! I booked this hotel is hurry, but I'm glad I did! I have no complains. If I ever come back to Granada, this will be it. Its a pity I'm here only one night. Its centrally located and has tons of coffee shops, restos and bars around it.
PS: if you're driving, be careful. Parking is not easy to find and the hotel has a parking fee. A little bit of driving around won't hurt though. This city is such fun!

• Stayed June 2012
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

The hotel was super clean, comfy bed, nice shower, great location, and had very friendly staff. For the price, this place is a great deal. The only complaints I had were that it was noisy from the busy street it was on and the internet didn't work in our room. I would stay there again though.

Room Tip: Ask to face the courtyard and not the road.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Victoria, B.C.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2013

Cannot add much to them. Great location and staff, VG rates and rooms. We had a glitch re the booking made by a third party but the hotel never blinked, giving us the room we wanted at the rate we chose.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Ipswich
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

This is a nice traditional style hotel, well located on a main street of shops & cafes in the centre of Granada. Its about a 10 minute walk from the cathedral which is the main departure point for buses serving the city centre. The hotel is clean (rooms are cleaned daily), comfortable & has most of the facilities you would expect - lift, aircon, in-room safes etc. The rooms also have balconies, albeit tiny juliet style (ours had two). Bathrooms are nice with wc, bidet, hairdryer etc & although no bath, a very good walk-in shower. Staff are very friendly, helpful & english speaking (a plus for us!). As well as a smile & a friendly greeting whenever we passed through reception, they booked us tickets to the Alhambra, a taxi on the (very early) morning we checked out & gave general advice on any touristy type questions we came up with. Two things this hotel doesn't offer are an included breakfast or a minibar in the room, however there is a very good adjacent bar/restaurant (owned by the hotel). Although we didn't eat breakfast there during our stay, we stopped off at the end of every night & had a glass of wine or two. Prior research highlighted rioja in Granada as being particularly good & reasonably priced (confirmed!) & if you order a drink at some Granada establishments (this one included) you also get free tapas. We mostly stopped off after a meal in a restaurant so we had to restrain the staff from bringing us plates of tapas as we were already full. However on our last night we decided we'd have a go at the tapas rather than a meal. We ordered a bottle of rioja & got six really good included tapas. After finishing that we decided we'd have another 2 glasses of rioja & were offered more tapas which we had to decline as by this time we were full. Total cost? - 23 euros! You can do the sums yourself but I defy anyone to come up with any better value than that for good quality food & drink. In summary, Granada has a friendly feel, lots to see & is a great place to hang out, eat & drink. I can highly recommend this hotel - it has a great balance between price & quality.

Room Tip: There is a fair amount of noise at the front of the hotel as this is a busy street so if you are sen...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends