Hotel Las Almenas
$89
$84
$161
  • Restaurant
Puerta de Las Granadas(Granada)(Great Value!)
$64
$86
$263
$180
  • Pool
All reviewshelpful ownertapascomfy bedbooked this hoteldouble roomstreetcitybusalhambrasupermarkettaxistiles
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We were so happy with our choice for Granada!! Everyone at the desk was extremely helpful and friendly. English was not a problem for them either. Our room, 108, was spacious for Europe, with beautiful woodwork and a decorative ceiling. It was fresh and spotless! We also had a great view and a large private terrace. Although we faced the street, in October we naturally had the windows closed overnight and had no trouble with noise. The shades kept the room completely dark, which was good for sleeping late after the long plane flight. The modern bathroom with jacuzzi and luxurious towels was a plus as well. We would definitely stay here again and highly recommend it to others.

It would have been nice to have internet in the room, but the lobby was so comfortable, like a spacious and inviting living room, that coming downstairs to check email was really not a problem. So many larger hotels add on a daily fee for internet, so free was good!

The location was also extremely convenient for us -- close to the bus lines, a taxi stand and walking distance from most of the interesting sights we enjoyed in our three days in Granada.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We had two rooms in this hotel for ourselves and my father. We were very impressed by the quality of this hotel and its position in the town. There is secure parking nearby at a reduced rate for occupants of this hotel.
The owners were more than helpful and very charming. The staff were also very accomodating and helpful.
We could not quite believe the value for money this hotel provides. There is a restaurant which looked very good but unfortunately we didn't have time to eat there.
We will be recommending Las Almenas to everyone nd can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: I clicked on fitness centre when there isn't one.... sorry. Our room was very quiet even though it faced the main road and the beds were very comfortable.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at Las Almenas. The staff were friendly and helpful, particularly the older chap who had good English. He suggested lots of places to see in Granada, and they were good suggestions. The location was excellent and we could walk to a lot of places or take a bus. The room was spotless. We would definitely go back if ever we were in Granada again.
Only one downside that I don't think the hotel can do anything about. We came into Granada by car and Google Maps suggested the route. It was not too bad up small cobbled streets, but beware the one-way system! Then it was difficult to park near the hotel so we could get a key for their garage, which involves another circle around one-way streets. So a bit of hassle, but worth it!

Reviewed October 27, 2012

The title of my review paraphrases Barry from the show "Storage Wars". It was a good hotel, but nothing memorable.

There was nothing wrong with the hotel, but nothing exceptional about it either. The staff was efficient, but not helpful. The rooms were clean, but not particularly stylish. The location was a bit further away than I was led to believe, but it was still walkable to town (10-15 minutes). I didn't eat at the cafe next door; it looked a bit dicey to me, as did most of the restaurants in this area (I found better ones in town).

There was nothing wrong with the place, but I did not find it memorable or charming. A good value for Granada, but if I was to go back, I would consider other options.

Room Tip: I was on the 1st floor, about on top of the lobby, and I could not get wifi in the room.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank jgm_09
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Stayed here for one night, choice made due to info on tripadvisor.

Booked via the phone, did have an issue finding somebody who spoke good enough English, we were told to phone back after 11pm. I could have sent an email or used on of the online agencies.

We parked at the public park just around the corner, probably a 150 metre walk, cost was 18 Euros a night. I think the hotel offers parking for 14 a night, but we could't figure out where to drop off the car. But we saw some people who stopped down one of the side streets, simply blocked the traffic and came into the hotel via a side door. So we'll try that next time!

Hotel check-in was simple enough, and we didn't have a language problem. We were told that the wifi doesn't work in all rooms, which we already knew because it's well documented on this site!

Room was larger than expected, tiled floor and half the walls (very Spanish), spotlessly clean and airy.

Bathroom was the same, and had a jacuzzi bath, which I think is supposed to reflect it was the more expensive room, but we paid the regular price.

Wifi only just worked for me, and didn't work for my wife who has an iPad and we know has a slightly weaker wifi reception.

We did get cold in the night, and could not figure out if there was any heating. (it dropped from 23 to 13 degrees in 24 hours because of rain). There was a spare blanket in the room, so wasn't an issue.

Staff were unbelievably helpful with our questions about getting around, bus details, advice on where to eat and so forth. They were just so nice!

We didn't spend enough time in Granada or the Alhambra, so we will return, and we will return to this hotel.

Room Tip: Don't get to 'hung up' on going to the touristy Plaza Nueva to find god tapas. There is great food in the tapas bars in the close area, just check out the amont of locals who are eating there.