“Relaxing and tranquil - the perfect break from a hectic vacation” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Aljibe de San Miguel Banos Arabes

Arabian Baths Experience at Granada's Hammam Al Ándalus
Ranked #4 of 18 Spas & Wellness in Granada
Virginia Beach, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Relaxing and tranquil - the perfect break from a hectic vacation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2010

I'm studying abroad in Granada and have my finals coming up, not to mention I am beginning to get anxious about my flight home. I have been having trouble sleeping, so I decided to treat myself to a little relaxation. This was perfect! I paid for 1.5 hours in the baths and a 15 minute massage for under 30 euro. I have been to other baths in Spain that were very crowded and noisy, this was perfectly quiet and tranquil. One group of friends talked when they first came in, but eventually the noise level died down so all we heard was the relaxing sound of water. The tea is absolutely delicious, there was plenty of space (we were rarely more than 1 to a pool), the atmosphere is amazing. I would have paid that much, if not more, for just the 15 minute massage back in the US, so I know that I got a good deal. If you've been traveling for a while or just need an hour and a half break from sightseeing, put this on your list.

Manchester UK
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Good Experience - maybe a bit too crowded though”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2010

Our experience with the baths was pleasant however the only thing we can say bad about it was there was too many people in there at the same time. This created a relatively loud atmosphere due to all the talking and laughing echoing off the ceilings and walls - this ruined the experience some what (especially the massage).

Nonetheless if you can ignore the noise (or are fortunate to get a small group session), it is a great way to relax after a day of sight seeing. The entire complex seemed clean and the staff are nice and helpful. There are coin operated lockers and you get an elastic key lanyard to put on your wrist the entire time - had no issues with security of our belongings. Prices are on the higher side for what you get. Also, finding the place can prove challenging, however this is part of the fun.

Berlin
“not worth the price”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2010

the massage was very short and a kind of thai, the waterbassins had three different temperatures and after half an hour it started to be quite annoying. You have only 1 1/2 hours time and than you have to leave. Thats not worth 28 €.
In any Sauna or thermal in berlin you have more relaxation and fun.

Helsinki
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Perfect relaxation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2009

I made a reservation by email before goinfg to Spain. I wrote in English and they replied to me also in good written English.

This was my first time in a place like that and the reception lady told me what to do.

I has booked the bath & massage (15min). First I had time to relax in the baths and then they called me to my massage.

It could not have been any more relaxing. The hot water and the surroundings were already enough but the massage made it even better. The were only few people there with me so there was no regular crowded spa-feeling.

I highly recommend it.

London, United Kingdom
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 117 helpful votes
“Relaxing arab baths”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2009

For only 26 euros you get 2 hours of bath time including a 15 minute massage and a free flow of moroccan mint tea (the same in London would cost at least £60). There are 6 pools of various temperatures and 1 cold pool in this traditional bath house. It was nice to soak my muscles in the scented warm water and relax in the dim candlelight. The baths are very clean and quite new (note that there is an older hammam in the Albayzin - this is the newer, less crowded one). It's worlds apart from the hammam in the Paris mosque, which is actually quite stressful albeit an interesting experience. I highly recommend a session here after a day of sightseeing.

2 Thank israphale