“Very relaxing.”

and up
Skip the Line: Alhambra Tour and Granada Hammam
Ranked #4 of 22 Spas & Wellness in Granada
Reviewed September 8, 2012 via mobile

This was our first time in Arabic Baths and didn't really know what to expect. We were really explained what to do by managed to figure it out for ourselves.

After changing we entered a beautiful big room which was gently lit and had soft music.there were 8 baths of increasing temperature and a cold one too.

There were probably only 4 others in and so we never had to share a bath with others. After about an hour we were called for the massage, which was a little soft but the cold gel they use is very refreshing and lasts beyond the baths (I still felt the coolness after we left the baths and were sitting in a tapas bar).

I quickly showered after my massage and had another quick dip in the baths (which I'm not sure if you are supposed to do).

Finally I had some mint flavoured green tea, which was excellent and very refreshing. Worth a visit although if it was slightly cheaper I would have done this two or three times during my visit.

Worth doing if you haven't done Arabic Baths before.

Reviewed June 30, 2012

The place is relaxing, nice after a long day of walking. However, I was extremely disappointed that the pools weren't hot! My husband has an uncanny gift of knowing the water temp without a thermometer. The "hottest" pool was maybe 101* it feels hotter after dipping in the cold pool, granted. The massage was Ok. Our session was also quite noisy. The experience could so easily be amazing with a few changes, pity!

1  Thank ShootingGirl
Reviewed April 17, 2011

Three of my friends & I had a 1 hour session in March 2011. There were about 12-15 young college students in there at the same time and the management did not enforce the *no talking* policy, which really took away from everyone else's experience. I'd definitely go again, but next time, I'll make sure to remind them about what happened on my previous visit and thst I expect them to enforce their own policies.

Reviewed November 15, 2010

Relaxing if you just see it as a hot swimming-pool in a beautiful, romantic atmosphere.
But 27 euros is really overpriced for what you get.
There isn't any space for a proper washing/scrubing (just a few showers), and you keep your swimming suit at all times anyway. Very disappointing if you've been before to a "real" hamman or similar place (like Onsen/Sentô in Japan).
The massage was also quite bad (very soft) and too short.
At least I was lucky to go at a quiet time (6 pm on a weekday): there is a huge echo and it gets very noisy as soon as someone starts to talk in a loud voice.

1  Thank cocovlc
Reviewed October 28, 2010

I'm studying abroad in Granada and have my finals coming up, not to mention I am beginning to get anxious about my flight home. I have been having trouble sleeping, so I decided to treat myself to a little relaxation. This was perfect! I paid for 1.5 hours in the baths and a 15 minute massage for under 30 euro. I have been to other baths in Spain that were very crowded and noisy, this was perfectly quiet and tranquil. One group of friends talked when they first came in, but eventually the noise level died down so all we heard was the relaxing sound of water. The tea is absolutely delicious, there was plenty of space (we were rarely more than 1 to a pool), the atmosphere is amazing. I would have paid that much, if not more, for just the 15 minute massage back in the US, so I know that I got a good deal. If you've been traveling for a while or just need an hour and a half break from sightseeing, put this on your list.