“Not very hot pools”

99 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Not very hot pools”
Reviewed June 30, 2012

The place is relaxing, nice after a long day of walking. However, I was extremely disappointed that the pools weren't hot! My husband has an uncanny gift of knowing the water temp without a thermometer. The "hottest" pool was maybe 101* it feels hotter after dipping in the cold pool, granted. The massage was Ok. Our session was also quite noisy. The experience could so easily be amazing with a few changes, pity!

Visited May 2012
1 Thank ShootingGirl

Nashua
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Good but they can improve”
Reviewed April 17, 2011

Three of my friends & I had a 1 hour session in March 2011. There were about 12-15 young college students in there at the same time and the management did not enforce the *no talking* policy, which really took away from everyone else's experience. I'd definitely go again, but next time, I'll make sure to remind them about what happened on my previous visit and thst I expect them to enforce their own policies.

Visited March 2011
Limoux, France
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 86 helpful votes
“Not worth the price”
Reviewed November 15, 2010

Relaxing if you just see it as a hot swimming-pool in a beautiful, romantic atmosphere.
But 27 euros is really overpriced for what you get.
There isn't any space for a proper washing/scrubing (just a few showers), and you keep your swimming suit at all times anyway. Very disappointing if you've been before to a "real" hamman or similar place (like Onsen/Sentô in Japan).
The massage was also quite bad (very soft) and too short.
At least I was lucky to go at a quiet time (6 pm on a weekday): there is a huge echo and it gets very noisy as soon as someone starts to talk in a loud voice.

Virginia Beach, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Relaxing and tranquil - the perfect break from a hectic vacation”
Reviewed October 28, 2010

I'm studying abroad in Granada and have my finals coming up, not to mention I am beginning to get anxious about my flight home. I have been having trouble sleeping, so I decided to treat myself to a little relaxation. This was perfect! I paid for 1.5 hours in the baths and a 15 minute massage for under 30 euro. I have been to other baths in Spain that were very crowded and noisy, this was perfectly quiet and tranquil. One group of friends talked when they first came in, but eventually the noise level died down so all we heard was the relaxing sound of water. The tea is absolutely delicious, there was plenty of space (we were rarely more than 1 to a pool), the atmosphere is amazing. I would have paid that much, if not more, for just the 15 minute massage back in the US, so I know that I got a good deal. If you've been traveling for a while or just need an hour and a half break from sightseeing, put this on your list.

Manchester UK
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Good Experience - maybe a bit too crowded though”
Reviewed April 8, 2010

Our experience with the baths was pleasant however the only thing we can say bad about it was there was too many people in there at the same time. This created a relatively loud atmosphere due to all the talking and laughing echoing off the ceilings and walls - this ruined the experience some what (especially the massage).

Nonetheless if you can ignore the noise (or are fortunate to get a small group session), it is a great way to relax after a day of sight seeing. The entire complex seemed clean and the staff are nice and helpful. There are coin operated lockers and you get an elastic key lanyard to put on your wrist the entire time - had no issues with security of our belongings. Prices are on the higher side for what you get. Also, finding the place can prove challenging, however this is part of the fun.