Although not in the city centre, it is a comfortable and pleasant walk from the hotel (about 30 minutes). Our room had a fantastic view of the mountains and although near the motorway, the external sound proofing was good. We selected this hotel as we wanted somewhere with a nice outside pool area for our stay (few hotels in Granada appear to have anything other than very small pools). We weren't disappointed. The pool was large (if rather cool) and the setting well presented.
The hotel has a stylish modern look but its problem is that they have skimped on the quality of the materials and the finishing more generally so the furnishings are starting to look quite chipped or scuffed and parts of the rooms are starting to not work (the sink took an age to empty, the shower curtain wouldn't pull across etc). That said the room was of a nice size, the bedding comfortable etc.
Another sign of cut costs is the TV which for a hotel which clearly has a large international clientele offered only Spanish channels and not in HD.
The biggest disappointment was the breakfast which was very poor. Again this seem to be about cost cutting. The bread was stale, the fruit and cereals choices thin, the coffee undrinkable and the hot items (bacon, eggs etc) had been left to go cold. This was the same both days so clearly wasn't a one off.
So a hotel with potential but in need of some attention if it isn't to quite soon become rather frayed at the edges.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is located in the new residential area of Granada and just a few minutes from downtown. Its proximity to the sport stadiums, the road to Sierra Nevada and the Alhambra make of Palace Nevada Abades the perfect choice. The modern hotel is a functional building, perfectly equipped and with the latest facilities. Thanks to the elliptical shape of the hotel, the 258 rooms (235 rooms and 23 apartments) have spectacular views of Sierra Nevada, the Alhambra and the city. The hotel facilitates business meetings, conferences, product launches, meetings with the press, etc. Naturally, also family, friends or business events, among others. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Abades Nevada Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Abades Nevada Palace Granada
- Abades Nevada Palace Hotel Granada