Villa Oniria
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Melia Granada(Granada)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsla fabulaseparate showerlovely hotelshower capspa areashort break in granadapark your carsafe areaboutique hotelbusy citytapasfresh orange juicetwo night stayrestaurant recommendationsper dayexploring granadabreakfast buffet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 14, 2012

This would have been a five star review if it were not for a couple of minor points:

The hotel is brilliantly located in central Granada. Temporary (10 minute) parking bays right outside the front door give you time to unload and check in easily. The concierge will then park your car for you in a very secure underground carpark just around the corner for €20 per night.

The hotel is beautiful and stylish inside, very calming and the staff are all very helpful and friendly. The room we stayed in was a good size, decorated in a modern style with a lovely en-suite shower and bathroom. One small niggle - there was no info pack in the room so every query (when is breakfast served? Do we need to book breakfast in advance? When is the restaurant open? When is check-out time? Is there WIFI? Is there a charge? What's the password? etc) necessitated a phone call to reception. Also there is no iron/board to borrow so the only way to get your shirt ironed is to pay housekeeping to do it at a cost of €6.60+ per item. We specifically requested at the time of booking, and were given, a room at the back of the hotel, and this is something I'd recommend as the road at the front looks like it could be quite busy and noisy until the early hours whereas the rooms at the back are nice and peaceful.

The spa is small but very luxurious. A small room with a few running machines plus separate sauna, steam room and jacuzzis/plunge pools which are really good. WIFI is free throughout the hotel but kept disconnecting which was a bit frustrating.

We booked into the in-house restaurant 'La Fabula' which has apparently recently been granted a Michelin star. Having eating and also worked in a few starred restaurants I can confirm that this restaurant is easily deserving of its star. The food is great - we went a la carte and got lots of free extra courses, amuse bouche, pre-dessert etc. Left absolutely stuffed and the €65/head incl. drinks was great value for the excellent food and service.

Only problem came when checking out - we had paid in advance when booking but reception disputed this. It took an hour of arguing and phone calls to uk, showing them our bank statements etc before they finally relented. Put a slight downer on an otherwise perfect stay but nevertheless it is to their credit that they finally took the professional approach and accepted our explanation.

Top tip: don't take the hotel breakfast at €15/head, instead go out the front door, turn right and right again and there is a little cafe serving a great breakfast selection to locals. We filled ourselves with fresh coffee, smoothies and made to order waffles with chocolate sauce and had change from €10.

• Stayed: September 2012
4  Thank MrCakeUK
Reviewed September 6, 2012

When I book a hotel that lists a pool as an amenity, I don't expect to be charged extra for it. I was also given a room with no shower, only a bath, only to find out later that there are other rooms with showers. Couldn't someone have told me?

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank MaraisFamily
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I was in Villa Oniria one week. It is really a kind of hotel that you can dream ! Rooms are large, service is very good and the restaurant is fantastic ! The hotel is the center town you can walk from the hotel to all main center places. To go to the Alhambra you take a cheap taxi for 10 minutes. The granada's white wine is excellent.

Room Tip: All ros are nice !
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Fllaurado
Reviewed August 24, 2012

We recently spent two nights here during our honeymoon in Spain and Morocco. It is a lovely hotel in a very nice location. Granada is a beautiful city and Villa Oniria is a very comfortable place to stay. The English speaking hotel staff were nice and helpful, while those with little English will basically ignore you. Upon check in, we were given maps suggestions for places to eat and see and walking directions. The hotel spa is very nice and the atmosphere is relaxing and romantic. The breakfast tapas is very yummy, however a bit overpriced. Our only disappointments were that the air conditioner was very noisy which disrupts the tranquil atmosphere, and the wifi does not work well and didn't work in our room at all. Be sure you are very comfortable with whoever you share a room with as the doors for the shower and toilet are frosted glass!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lisa H
Reviewed July 24, 2012

We spent a couple of nights here recently, Granada is only a two hour drive from where will live in Gibraltar so naturally we took the car, we found the hotel easy to find and parking was not a problem whatsoever, the Hotel promised me they had their own Car-Park and it's certainly not a public one which I notice someone here has suggested. The common areas are very stylish and our room (103) was huge and very well finished, probably the best I have experienced in Spain (I have stayed in a few!) We had two small balconies in our room which looked over the main street outside, in July/August the Gym/Spa is free of charge and we enjoyed spending time in there at the end of each day.

The Hotel is very well located within walking distance of all major tourist attractions and Tapas Bars, plus the shopping district is just metres away.

The only thing which stops me awarding Onira a 5-Star is the service which was good but we were let down in a couple of areas. Firstly the internet was down all weekend and the staff advised me this was due to them transferring the network provider. Secondly when I called reception to ask for an Iron at 8.30pm I was advised that the woman who has the key to the Iron Cupboard finishes at 8pm and always takes the key with her, therefore there was no way I could have an iron board + iron......wonderful! I wouldn't have minded but there was no apology from their side.

I would recommend this Hotel and we will stay here again next time we're in Granada, I just hope that by that time the internet is sorted and they have made a spare key for the iron cupboard!

Room Tip: Bring your own Iron!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple