“Nice staff”

Ranked #67 of 96 Granada B&B and Inns
Melbourne, Australia
“Nice staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

Stayed here for 2 nights in August. We had a private double room (shared bathroom). The room itself was clean, with cupboard space and aircon. Shared bathrooms were adequate, if a bit small. Wi-fi was available, but did not work in our room, so we had to access it in the common room. I heard that it works in the dorms though. Location was good, really close to the bus stop for the Alhambra. Unlike what it says on Hostelbookers reception is 24h, and we found somebody there at all times. I've read a number of reviews saying the staff were never available, but we didn't have this problem. In fact, the guy who checked us in (Rasmus sp?), was really friendly and helpful, which made the whole stay better. Overall, this was our cheapest double room in Spain, it was good value for money.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
germany
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

we where last year in hostal meridiano it was verry nice and verry clean. our stay there was lovley and the ouwner where very friendly and helpfull. now we travel again to spain and to granada but hostal meridiano is not the same it is now so different. they are helpfull too but it is not clean and you have to share the room´s with many other people and it is loud.sorry, but i don´t recomended more this hostal

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank mague37

Travelers are raving about these Granada hotels

Toronto, Ontario
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2011

Stayed for 3 nights but wanted to leave Granada after 2. The room was very clean as was the bathroom (not shared). The price was good as was the location. The problem was they only give you one key and we are two people who often split up which caused many logistical nightmares. The staff are never around....not even in the building. The live off of the first floor and to reach them you have to buzz from downstairs...I often felt like I was bothering them or annoying them. We wanted to check out on the Sunday but no one was around...we couldn't leave for Malaga when we wanted!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank nicwaterloo
Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2009

I initially decided to visit Granada for 3 days but then extended it to a week, then to 2 and eventually it became nearly one month! The entire time, I stayed at Hostal Meridiano and possibly my affordable and accessible accommodations had something to do with my extended stay in this fabulous city! The pension is run by a very friendly, helpful and hospitable family. The building is extremely clean and all amenities are available to guests, from quiet quarters, to clean bathrooms, to internet, to a central location. As a guest at pension Meridiano, one has privacy and independence to come and go at will in a secure building in the very center of town. A two minute walk leads to piazzas with outdoor cafes and restaurants. A five minute walk brings you to the central cathedral and the main street of Granada. A ten minute walk brings you to the heart of the ancient Moorish town and in a half hour you can be at the gates of the Alhambra! I had a tastefully furnished, modest single room with bed, desk, bookshelf, wardrobe, fan, sink and mirror. There were two bathrooms down the corridor but although these were shared with other guests, they were always sparkling clean and available! Pension Meridiano is a great place to call home while in Granada and I highly recommend it to anyone visiting Granada.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
2 Thank Albaicinfan
Spain
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2008

I arrived in Hostal Meridiano for a three night stay in november 2007. The hostal is situated in the city center, although the street is very calm and quiet. The house is very beautiful and very Andalusian, but the problem is that, differently from other hostals in Granada, this one has three floors and no lift, so if you have lots of bags (like I did, cos I was travelling trough Spain), it can be a nightmare. Also, there is the problem of the staff: they are never in the reception area! When I arrived, it was pretty cold and I had to stay in the front door waiting for at least 1 hour for them to open to me. This happens all the time, and sometimes you want to have a sleep or watch quietly the tv, and you cant, because there are people on the front door ringing the bell. Also, because they are never there, if you want to ask them any information about the city, or the buses, It's impossible, you have to be on you own. And when the staff finally arrive, it's always in a hurry, no more than 5 minutes to check you in and receive the money. The shared bathroom was very clean and there is a cleaning lady for the rooms. They also have free internet acess in two shared computers and even though my notebook detected wi-fi under their name, they say they don't have one!

POSITIVE ASPECTS: nice location, typical Andalusian house, price, very clean shared bathroom and rooms.

NEGATIVE ASPECTS: STAFF, STAFF, STAFF!!! No staff all day.

Stayed November 2007
1 Thank Bailaoraenloquecida
Rochester, MN
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2007

This pension was extremely well priced. I paid 18 euros a night, for a single with shared bath, in mid-June. The room was not air conditioned (although I understand that some of the more expensive rooms do have air conditioning). It was on a very quiet street, I heard no traffic noise. However, sound from the other rooms in the place really echoed on the tile floors- a little worse noise than most places in spain I encountered. The shared bathroom (actually, there were two bathrooms for about 8 rooms to share) was kept quite clean. The location was fine for me, a block or two walk to cafes/restaurants, about 8 blocks NW of the cathedral (I wouldn't say it's good walking distance to the Alhambra, you could walk it, but I'd recommend taking a bus). One problem was that I arrived at the hostal at lunch time (2 pm) and noone answered the door for about 2 hours, so I was stuck on the street with my luggage for a while. Once I got in, though, the staff was nice. I'd recommend this place if you are on a budget.

• Liked — The price
  • Disliked — Noise in the hallways
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ottawa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2007

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for 3 nights in August 2006. This was
a very good hostel. We paid 32 euros per night. It was well decorated, clean, friendly staff (women speaks English) in an excellent location. It has AC and TV. No kitchen and it is extra for laundry. Bathrooms renovated and free Internet access. Beautiful relaxing stay. Very enjoyable. This is more like an hotel except some
rooms share bathrooms. Little café down the street for breakfast (5 euros). I would definitely recommend this hostel.

• Liked — Charming
  • Stayed August 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Christine61