“Central location, ok rooms”

Hotel Posada Del Toro
Ranked #32 of 122 Hotels in Granada
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The hotel is located in one of the very busy streets in the historic old town, only a few minutes walk from river, lots of restaurants, bars and also the shopping area. We walked everywhere without any problems. Our room was out into the street with a little balcony. I enjoyed the hustle and bustle but for light sleepers I'd recommend getting an inside room. The rooms itself was ok, not much more than a bed, large wardrobe and desk - but I didn't come to Granada to stay in the room. The bathroom was refurbished and clean, no complaints there. I appreciated the breakfast - it was simple (i.e Spanish style) but plentiful and the coffee was good.
Overall I would stay again if the price was right.

Room Tip: for authenticity - room with street view, for light sleepers ask for inside room
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank teekake

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We recently stayed at Hotel Posada Pilar Del Toro on a Friday and Saturday night. The hotel had a lot of character and the location was good - very close to a lost of bars/tapas/restaurants and plaza nueva. Breakfast was simple - bread, jam, yogurt, juice and some fresh fruit. Staff was pretty friendly. However, one of the positives of the hotel (location) was also a negative, as late night drinkers constantly made noise on the street below. My wife and I probably got three hours of sleep the first night. We asked if we could move rooms for the second night, but unfortunately the hotel was fully booked. The second night noise was only moderately better. I would imagine this wouldn't be a problem if you had an interior room facing the courtyard. Our room was pretty basic - clean, bed was comfortable, but our shower was quite small and hard to move around in.

Room Tip: Don't chose a room facing the street - very noisy!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank USANZ
Reviewed May 16, 2013

Delightful hotel with rooms looking over a small courtyard. A couple of mins walk from the Cathedral and the bus stop with short bus ride to the Alhambra. (Taxi back from Alhambra only EUR 4). On the edge of the Albaicin area. Very traditional and atmospheric but obviously totally refurbished - nice touches like ceramic basins - with good shower, very comfortable bed. If you need pitch dark to sleep then this is for you as windows are shuttered! Like other reviewers we were not thrilled with the breakfast although there was butter for the toast, plus fresh strawberries and yoghurts too. Any dissatisfaction with breakfast was outweighed by the charm of this little hotel which I will be recommending to everyone.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank sottycatChichester
Reviewed May 14, 2013

Very central location, everything very close, 2 min from the cathedral. Though this creates problems in finding parking - found one about 10 min walk from there at EUR 22 per day, pretty expensive. The room was very modestly furnished, no view, but clean - both the room and the bathroom. We – my wife and me - were on the quiet side (looking onto the inner patio), but rooms on the other side must be pretty noisy as Grenada in general, and this street in particular, is very noisy. Two helpful girls at the reception. The breakfast was pretty basic, though we got it earlier in order to leave for Alhambra and that can be the reason – queuing at entrance to Alhambra was by far the biggest disappointment in our 10 days in Madrid & Andalusia. .

Room Tip: Rooms on the inner side are quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Hotel has a nice feel and architecture. Reception staff friendly and supportive. An adequate breakfast given the price paid for our two nights accommodation. Spacious room and bathroom with a step out balcony. Can be noisy (from the street) so would try and get an inner room if we returned. Well located for walking the historic centre and close access to buses for historic area and for bus station..

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the internal patio rather than the street.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Hotel Posada Pilar Del Toro is an Antique hotel that has been restored beautifully. It is a great joy to walk about the hotel and take it all in. Our room was beautiful , clean, roomy overlooked the central court yard and was very quiet. The dinning room downstairs where breakfast is served is a fine example of the period architecture as is the rest of the hotel. The breakfast is very typical for a Spanish restaurant and was very good.
Del Toro is perfectly located close to everything with many restaurants and bars very close. The staff are very helpful and will give you all the information to find a great place to eat.
The Plaza Nueva , Calle Elvira, Granada Cathedral are all within a short walk. A little further is Calle Navas where the tapas bars are every where - great street.
My wife and I will stay here again the next time we visit Granada and I will make sure that our friends know of this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 13, 2013

This hotel is very well located in the best area, in my opinion, of Granada - El Albayzin - very close to Plaza Nueva and some good bodegas. I stayed there for 2 nights and my bedroom was comfortable, spacious and clean.The bathroom was decent but had the strangest shower I've ever seen. The reception staff were very friendly and kind. It is good value for your money, but the breakfast is really bad and I'd rather have it somewhere else. As there are quite a few good tea rooms and cafés nearby and the room rate is quite good, this wasn't really a problem for me. As a solo traveller I felt quite safe staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo