My wife and I stayed here for 4 nights in late October and we booked through booking.com at Euros 105 per night.
The hotel is formed from a renovated old convent built around a central open courtyard and is located in the heart of the Albayzin [ the old Moorish area] . Its elevated position provides excellent views across the low lying city towards the Alhambra - which looks even better when lit up at night .
Our ground floor room was spotlessly clean, of good size, with comfortable beds, effective air conditioning and a simple but tasteful decor featuring some very impressive wood carvings.
The deal included breakfast at the hotel which was particularly good with a wide choice of tasty things to eat - their home-made marmalade was just too nice to resist .
The area around the hotel has several bar/ restaurants that offer good food at reasonable prices. The local bus [ number 31 ] stops right outside the hotel and you can be in the city centre i.e. the stop outside the Cathedral in about 10 minutes. As the bus runs on a loop it takes about 20 minutes to get back to the hotel. The bus to the Alhambra is from the same stop outside the Cathedral - from memory, it is a number 30, but do check.
The hotel is staffed by the most helpful people we have encountered in many years of travelling - nothing was of too much trouble to them and they happily resolved the problems we were having in getting tickets to the Alhambra and getting bookings for the train and the long distance coach for the next two legs of our tour, They even offered to do our laundry for free. There is a large sitting room provided for guests which has lots of interesting antiques and a choice of two very enjoyable free home-made liquors - now when was the last time a hotel gave you that ?
We would heartily recommend visiting Granada, it is that special and if you do ,you should seriously consider staying at this hotel - you won't be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our hotel is a restored house from the XVI century. It is situated on the main street of the historical neighbourhood of the Albaizyn ( Granada), five minutes walking distance from the city centre. It is surrounded by gardens and different monuments such us the Monastery of Santa Isabel la Real, the palace of Dar-Al Horra and the San Miguel Bajo church. The hotel is also very near the beautiful views from San Nicolas, San Cristobal and la Lona. There is an enclosed parking lot and a bus stop near the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com and Travelocity so you can book your Santa Isabel la Real reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Santa Isabel La Real Hotel Granada
- Santa Isabel La Real Granada