“Everything I needed, they accomidated.”

NH Collection Granada Victoria
Ranked #8 of 122 Hotels in Granada
GreenLeadersSilver level
San Jose, California, United States
“Everything I needed, they accomidated.”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

I was very impressed with this hotel! I met up with a friend at my hotel, who I was able to leave a note for at the desk. He was planning on staying in a hostel but my room had two beds, so I offered to let him stay with me instead of spending money at another place. I walked down to the desk to explain what I needed, they gave me an extra key, and told me it wouldn't even cost me anything extra, to my happy surprise. There was a woman who was particularly helpful whenever I had questions and helped with my internet connection, but the overall staff was such a delight even though there were small instances with language barriers- but frankly I don't expect them to know English for me. :p Also super awesome location, middle of down town area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed August 4, 2013

We spent 3 nights with our family in this hotel. We booked then 2 rooms that should have been connected. In fact, a part of the corridor was closed and the rooms were contiguous but not really connected.
The hotel is very clean but not renovated and furnitures are quite spoiled without mentioning a former smell of cigarettes.

Nobody helped us to carry our luggages from the underground parking to our rooms. Then we became grooms using the trolley.

The breakfast is tasty with a good price offer for a family, even the omelette was burnt.

What makes the difference for this hotel is the location, in the town centre, 5 minutes walk from the cathedral.

In terms of WIFI, you may have an access for free but to be reconnected every 24 hours with a new password.

Overall it can be recommended because of its location, but don t expect a 4 star service.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Australia
Reviewed August 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 4 nights in August, great central location. We arrived early (10am) hoping to be able to leave our bags and come back later for check in, we were offered a room straight away and then offered an upgrade to a suite for 20 euro a night. We took the upgrade and got probably what is the best room in the hotel (209) we had a massive balcony on the second floor that overlooked the street, in a room with a huge bathroom. If you are hyper sensitive to noise I guess it could be a little loud in this room but the view is awesome. Comfortable bed and OK breakfast. Staff were very helpful, recommended a flamenco night that was awesome and helped us out with all out queries about the area.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank melbourneman1983
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 1, 2013

The Victoria is in a good position in central Granada, 5 minutes walk from the Cathedral, Royal Chapel and Bib Rambla, and a 20 minute brisk uphill walk from the Alhambra (but convenient for the minibuses that shuttle up for €1.20). It’s also right next to a stop for the airport bus, and a taxi rank.

Our third floor room was large, well furnished, comfortable and clean, with a lovely comfortable king bed, and had plenty of natural light from the windows which opened out onto small balconies. Sound proofing was great – when the windows were closed we couldn’t hear a thing from outside. Bathroom was large and well fitted out with another large window, and the room had good air conditioning, minibar, safe and television.

The breakfast was good – a decent cold buffet with plenty of selection and the opportunity to request hot items. The restaurant was closed for other meals when we were there, but with all the dining options and tapas bars that are close to hand in Granada I really doubt we would have used it anyway.

The staff were very welcoming and helpful – we got a map and a useful brief from the receptionist when we checked in, pointing us in the direction of Alhambra buses and local dining – and throughout our stay they were friendly and efficient.

Two complaints – the wifi was a bit intermittent (and slow when it worked), and the room cleaners arrived at our room on both days at around 3pm, when we had ‘gone local’ and were enjoying a siesta ! Even in a small hotel I would have expected the rooms to have been cleaned by then.

Overall a very enjoyable stay at a reasonable price in a lovely city

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

The hotel service was horrible, they didn't even give us the right room with a king bed, they pushed two twins together and then apologized when I asked the next shift what the situation was. They offered to give us a different room, but we had only one additional day, so we opted to not go through the hassle of moving. The breakfast was extensive but bland. The espresso was terrible. The only great thing is the location. It is right in the center of downtown and minutes walk from everything else. The did clean the room daily.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank RknRon
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Reviewed July 28, 2013

This hotel was a good value. It is on a busy street, so if traffic noise bothers you, it may not be the best option. I was so tired, that it really didn't bother me. The room was big, clean and the staff was friendly. The advantage of the location is the proximity to shopping, restaurants and the cathedral. We walked to the Alhambra from the hotel because it was early and coolish out. We took a taxi back which was worth it (5 Euros) in the heat.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank beccaskier
Glasgow
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Loved everything about this hotel. We received a warm welcome from the young man at reception and he was very helpful with info on some of the best places to see during our stay. We did use the car park next to the hotel and although a bit tight in places, managed to park our car without any problems. We loved the hotel's central location and being able to walk to the many restaurants, shops and attractions. We decided to take a taxi to visit the Alhambra Palace because it was very hot and it worked out cheaper and quicker than getting a bus. The hotel was very clean and tastefully furnished. We had two first floor front facing rooms with small balconies overlooking the streets. At breakfast there was a great choice of fresh fruit,cereals, hot and cold food. Also the hotel offers a picnic service for days out.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family