“Disappointing for a Spa Hotel”

Hospes Palacio de los Patos
Ranked #8 of 122 Hotels in Granada
Reviewed January 27, 2013

Booked this hotel for its Spa and well being facilities. The hotel itself was very central , the room excellent and the staff young upbeat and very friendly. Having wifi in the room was a plus rather than having to sit in a reception area.
The Spa itself was OK but small, more than 4 people and it was crowded. However our biggest disappointment was to discover there is only one therapist (2 at weekends) so our hope of any treatments was a no starter. All they could offer was 1 massage at 7.30pm. So don't go if that's on your to do list. Breakfast was expensive so we had typical Spanish breakfast in a great little cafe right outside. I agree with the comment on parking although the public one 50 yards away was €22. It is a city after all , but I think given the room rates parking should have been heavily discounted

Room Tip: We were given a room in the new wing which was great so no idea what the rooms in the main building...
4  Thank alloyette
HospesHotels, Director General at Hospes Palacio de los Patos, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing with us your opinion about your stay in our hotel.

I would like to offer you my most sincere apologies. Unfortunately, during you stay at our hotel we did not meet your expectations at the Spa. I guarantee you we are already working to improve our facilities.

Looking forward to see you and welcome you personally, I remain.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Just got back from a three centre tour of Spain in January and whilst in Granada stayed here for two nights. The hotel was not very busy and kindly upgraded us to a junior suite (Room 43) at the top of the hotel located over the front entrance and down the side street so it was very quiet and we slept very well. Beds very comfortable. Bathroom large and located off an anteroom with wardrobes and dressing table. Breakfast excellent buffet style (costs in the region of 23 euros each) and superb location for walking around Granada. The staff did all they could to ensure we had a really good time here. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Room 43 fabulous and really quiet

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for sharing with us your comments about your stay at Hospes Palacio de los Patos. We have already shared all your positives comments to all the departments involved.

We are pleased to know we have reached your expectations of relax and well-being and service.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed January 19, 2013

good situated, good service, perhaps the wellness is a little bit dark, not so much light, but okay,the rooms are very exclusive, and the staff friendly,
the parking was in the price included, the german speaking staff were good for us,

Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you that you have shared your experience at Hospes Palacio de los Patos with us. We are very happy to know we have reached your expectations since at Hospes Palacio de los Patos our goal is to ensure that all of our guests enjoy a fully revitalizing experience.

I hope to welcome you back in your next visit to Granada.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay at this beautiful hotel. The room was very spacious and the bed was the best hotel bed I have ever slept in. King Size++ with pillows, beding and duvet in highest quality. Breakfast was also one of the best I have had in Spain. We stayed there in mid January and the weather was not that nice. In better and warmer weather we wolud really have appreciated the courtyard and the abiity to eat , have a drink and relax outside. The staff was young and friendly and did their best to make our stay as pleasant as possible.

2  Thank abhoivik

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for sharing with us your impressions about your stay at Hospes Palacio de los Patos. We have already shared all your positives comments to all the departments involved.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

I like boutique hotels with charm and character but also modern amenities. This was PERFECT!
The staff were very attentive and helpful, (and I observed the same service with other guests), and the Manager, Francisco, made a point of personally asking how my stay was. The breakfast was most impressive. I am in the restaurant business and I like to eat well. I used the spa and enjoyed the facilities - clean and classy.
Location was also better than I thought - very short walk to Plaza Nueva, Alhambra, Bar and Restaurant areas and shopping.
I came by myself to visit my daughter at university - very pleased with this beautiful hote
I am returning the end of January for another visit and will bring my partner; after telling her how nice this Hotel was we are both looking forward to the stay.
Hospes for me was the right blend of romantic asthetics and modern comfort along with very friendly and professional service.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank rtbrking

Dear client,

First of all I would like to thank you very much for commenting your impressions about your stay at Hospes Palacio de los Patos. We have already shared all your positives comments to all departments involved.

We hope to welcome you back in your next visit to Granada.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

This was our first experience at the Hospes hotels and frankly not our favourite! The hotel was very beautiful, but not that well placed, you had to walk up a hill quite a way to get to the center of town. The problem at this hotel was the staff that were completely unable to give you any advice on tourist attractions as they all seemed to be students from elsewhere. The breakfast was excellent in a very nice airy restaurant and the courtyard is lovely even though it wasn't warm enough to eat outside. It was fine, but really in a tourist town, you need to have people that are able to give you advice at the front desk.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bubble177

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing with us your comments about your stay in our hotel.

I would like to offer you my most sincere apologies. Unfortunately, during you stay at our hotel we did not meet your expectations of well being and service. I guarantee you we are already working to ensure that this will not occur again in the future. I hope we may have a second chance to show you our sound philosophy on gets relax and care.

Looking forward to see you and welcome you personally, I remain.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

i booked through a generic search engine and to be honest didnt pay too much attention to anything other than the cost and location also it happened to be at the top of the list.
Before i go on i must say i travel extensively throughout europe with my work so i´ve seen a fair few hotels high end and not so.
I was expecting this hotel to be functional as it´s a small spanish chain in a small city. i was pleasantly surprised by the hotel overall - decor, design and execution were all very good. The service was typicallly spanish (i live in madrid) however there were a few moments of greatness within the team. i was upgraded as the hotel was quiet due to the festive season which was a bonus. The only down side was a spa booking request that never materialised.
I would definitely recommend and visit again when in granada

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo

Dear guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you that you have shared your experience at Hospes with us.

We are very happy to know we have reached your expectations. At Hospes Palacio de los Patos our goal is to ensure that all of our guests enjoy a fully revitalizing experience.

I hope to welcome you back in your next visit to Granada.