Hospes Palacio de los Patos
$156
  • Breakfast included
$125
Puerta de Las Granadas(Granada)(Great Value!)
$89
Hotel Carlos V(Granada)(Great Value!)
$88
$89
$111
$93
  • Restaurant
Hotel Dauro Granada(Granada)(Great Value!)
$68
$57
Hotels.com
  • Room Service
Sercotel Gran Hotel Luna de Granada(Granada)(Great Value!)
$63
$61
  • Pool
$60
$56
  • Pool
1,523 results
All reviewsold buildingnew wingpresidential suitebeautiful hotelsteam roommain buildinghotel restaurantan upgradede losstar hotelbreakfast was deliciousexcellent stayold worldlarge roommain attractionswould highly recommend this hotelthe ground floor
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I stayed in the Junior Suite (Room 20 on the ground floor) in the old part of the building for 3 nights in August. The room was beautiful and spacious, although the furniture was showing some wear and tear. Air-conditioning worked really well.

While I generally enjoyed my stay - there were issues with this hotel.

Noise - I didn't notice the street noise so much, but I could hear EVERY footstep/movement from two floors above AND from the "reception" area (entrance area with one desk) outside my room. My room was not carpeted, and I assume none of the rooms upstairs is either - whenever anybody took a step, I could hear it - and people were up and moving around WAY into the night. I could also hear every single conversation that was happening in the reception area, again, well into the night. I barely got enough sleep at night since I am a light sleeper - but I did manage to grab a nap during the day when other people were supposedly also taking a nap.

The front desk/reception is run by whole bunch of eager, younger people who clearly have not received any formal training. They screwed up on my ticket to Alhambra - they ultimately fixed it by having me join a tour which was not the most ideal experience for me - but the way they went about handling it was not something you would expect from an established hotel. However, they are generally eager to help - they just don't have the basics. There is only a small desk and two lap tops - it looked like a set up at a B&B. I actually liked the staff a lot and felt bad for them so I did not use them much or complain.

Water pressure in the shower was very low; also, temperature in the shower was very difficult to control. It was either too hot or lukewarm - and because I didn't want to get burned, I settled for lukewarm. For a 5 star hotel, I would have expected a little more.

I got a 60 minute massage and a body wrap at the spa - both were way overpriced. The spa is also much smaller than it appears in the pictures - it's nice, but that is not a pool.

Restaurant is actually great - great service and great food. Very nice surprise for a hotel restaurant - it can and probably does stand on its own.

Not sure if I will be back in Granada any time soon, but the noise issue may very well be the reason why I will not return to the hotel.

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to noise, avoid Room 20 - you get noise 360.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank LVParisGirl
HospesHotels, Director General at Hospes Palacio de los Patos, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your opinion.

Customers feedback is the key for us to keep improving our product and service standars. An action plan is already in place to improve our services.

I hope you visit us again so that we may have a second chance to show you our sound philosophy on guest relax and care. .

Regards,

Reviewed August 18, 2012

Decided to go for the Junior suite, which was expensive judging by our budget for the rest of the trip. The room was really nice, great bathtub etc. only thing I reacted to was the fact that the breakfast was not included. I think 20 Euro is a bit steep for a hotel breakfast, this is something you expect to be included, especially when booking a suite.

The room was tastefully decorated, very modern looking, and the rest of the building was really nice as well. The air condition was not really working that well, and there was this strange chemical smell coming from the air condition, and all our clothes smell of this chemical now. Not nice... The location of the hotel is really good, with walking distance to Alhambra (book ticket in advance, the queue is a nightmare)

Room Tip: I think you´d be well off just going for a regular room, no need to book the junior suite, it was pretty small.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tim_Norway
HospesHotels, Director General at Hospes Palacio de los Patos, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your opinion.

I would like to apologize for the inconveniences encountered in your stay in our Hotel. Customers feedback is the key for us to keep improving our product and service standars.

I thank you again and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again in the future.

Regards,

Reviewed August 11, 2012

Beautifully restored mansion with first rate service? The attention to detail is excellent and consistent with the service at its sister hotels across Spain and in Paris. All of the recommendations were spot on and they read their audience well.

Room Tip: Avoid room 40 in the summer. It's the the highest point in the building and the AC simply can't handle the heat
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Charles V
HospesHotels, Director General at Hospes Palacio de los Patos, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with other travelers.

We are pleased to have met your expectations of relax, well-being and service during your recent stay in Hospes Palacio de los Patos.

We look forward to welcome in any other Hospes Property soon.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

We stayed at junior suites for 3 nights.We understand good location but some noise.
We loved total super interior which conbines classic and modern also outside and inside.
We choose this from design hotels.
We enjoyed breakfast at outside table every morning.
Staff helped reservation for good seat of restaurant at St Nichoraus Church.
Staff helped tickets at Alhambra and private tour for coast and white village.
Any way totally we enjoy staying at Granada and this hotel very much

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank takezofig

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review regarding your last stay at the Hospes Palacio de los Patos.

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us.

It will be a pleasure to welcome you again in the near future.

Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

Lovely hotel very central walking distance from shopping and great tapas bars, can not say how much I enjoyed my stay but when I go back will stay at this hotel.
The garden is like an oasis in the city any very pleasant to site with a drink and have a chat or use the free wifi
The staff are very helpful and speek very good English.
There is also free underground car parking so if you are travling around this is a big help

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank Irishbloke1

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for letting us know about your recent stay at Hospes Palacio de los Patos.

Your positive comments will be shared with all the team.

We look forward to welcome you again.