“Great location, not so great room” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hostal Antares

Hostal Antares
Ranked #24 of 95 Granada B&B and Inns
“Great location, not so great room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here in late mid-July 2013. The hostel itself is very neat- it seems to be in an old school or at least an old office. The man who checks you in is very friendly and kind. The location is great. It is in the middle of everything.

I had a single room. I could not get the television to work with either remote or buttons on the television. The bed was uncomfortable and the sheets looked old and worn. The bathrooms were clean, but needed new shower curtains- there was a lot of mold on them. You also must pay for AC. To say the least, I was not impressed with the quality of the rooms/bathrooms. I will say the hostal was not intolerable but I would probably not stay here again, as I am sure there are much better options in Granada.

• Stayed July 2013

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Korean first
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Hostal Antares is located in the centre of Granda within EZ walking distance of all the attractions.
Around the Hostel are many restuarants, cafes, tapas bars, shops. The owner loves his music and was very helpful showing us on the map where the attractions are in Granada. Shared bathroom situations works very well and had 2 large bathroom and 3 toilets between 5 rooms.
Free WiFi in the room works very well.

Room Tip: Shared bathrooms are on the 1st floor and in room bathrooms are on the 2nd floor. Rooms with bathroo...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Nonthaburi, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

I went there by evening after spending half day in Cordoba. When I stepped in the owner gave me 3 keys for front door, second floor and room key. There was also a Microwave for each floor for every one to use. You had WIFI signal but I didn't buy a SIM card so I cannot use it. Actually I tried to find a cheaper price in central location but I found only a room with shared bathroom which I didn't like. So I booked it. All in all I found that the room was good for my friend and I. What I disliked was I had to carry my heavy luggage to second floor with so many steps. Other things were fine for me. You can go to Alhambra easily just walk out to the street and across to the other side of the street and you will find minibus to Alhambra. I paid 78Euros for 2 nights on 8-9 March 2013.

Room Tip: I don't know because I got third room on the third floor which was good for us. You get enough...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Monmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

My daughter made a booking for me as I travelled to Granada as it seemed to have good reviews. When I arrived I was delighted. Javier made me most welcome gave me a double room next to the bathroom (at single price)and explained where to get tickets for the Alhambra and other sights. The Hostal is centrally located in a street opposite the cathedral Bus no 3 or 33 from bus station and surrounded by reasonable priced tapas bars and restaurants. It is clean and wellkept with free wi fi and micro wave there is no curfew and you are given three keys for security Front door,reception and room Storage is available after noon check out at a reasonable price. I travel a lot and always stay in hostals would they were all as good as this!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Adrian P
Hong Kong, China
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012 via mobile

We booked this hostel for 1 night stay in Granada. We picked it mainly due to good score on tripadvisor as well as booking.com together with its excellent location.

Location itself is good and convenient, less than 5min to Cathedral, tourist info center, bus station to airport/Albaycin/train/long distance bus station.

The owner showed strong hospitality ESP to us Chinese and very nice and talkative also gave us tips.

However I still think this hostel is overrated and overpriced: (actually it's the worst accommodation for my whole Spain trip)
- no 24hr reception
- staff except for the owner speak very limited english
- room is very small
- hot water in bathroom is even not sufficient for quick shower for 1 person, my friend is obliged to take shower in shared bathroom outside our room
- noisy at night given the bar on ground floor and the thin wall not soundproof( we Dan gear clearly the conversation on corridor)
- no lift and u have to take luggage yourself for 2stories
- wifi is very weak and slow.

Won't recommend this place

• Stayed September 2012
Ubeda, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2012

My girlfriend and I stepped in this hostel by chance on our very first day in Granada, while we were looking for a place to stay a couple of days. Luckily for us, it complied with all our requisites: it was cheap, central and clean. The owner of the place was very nice and welcoming, and was always willing to help. He also gave us useful directions around the city as well as information about the many touristic attractions Granada has to offer. We had such a nice time in the hostel that I decided to leave a comment for it on the web. So here you go: if you're looking for a cheap & convenient place right in the center of Granada, look no further than this!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank xtooof
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

Thank you so much Javier, you were so helpful and friendly. Personal service went a long way. The room was spotless and very affordable. The location could not have been better. We will be sure to stay here next time we are in Granada. Alice, Jenna, Rachael (and our silent friend)

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends