We booked this hostel for 1 night stay in Granada. We picked it mainly due to good score on tripadvisor as well as booking.com together with its excellent location.
Location itself is good and convenient, less than 5min to Cathedral, tourist info center, bus station to airport/Albaycin/train/long distance bus station.
The owner showed strong hospitality ESP to us Chinese and very nice and talkative also gave us tips.
However I still think this hostel is overrated and overpriced: (actually it's the worst accommodation for my whole Spain trip)
- no 24hr reception
- staff except for the owner speak very limited english
- room is very small
- hot water in bathroom is even not sufficient for quick shower for 1 person, my friend is obliged to take shower in shared bathroom outside our room
- noisy at night given the bar on ground floor and the thin wall not soundproof( we Dan gear clearly the conversation on corridor)
- no lift and u have to take luggage yourself for 2stories
- wifi is very weak and slow.
Won't recommend this place
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hostal in the best situation, Elvira Street, very near to Alhambra, Albaizin, Plaza Nueva and the Cathedral in the historic center of the town, very lightly rooms with complete bathroom, heater, air conditioner optional, TV, internet Wi-fi and microwave-free area. The Property is situated in the very heart of Historic Town, in front of the district of Tearooms (La Caldereria) and area of Tapas, near to the Alhambra. We've arranged parking 15 euros for day. Advise about arrival time. Reception O8:30 / 22:30 hours. ( No curfew ) Check-in 13:00 // 22:30h. Check-out 12:00 Credit Card Facilities. If you are coming by car, you have to take entry Mendez Nunez to Gran Via- Cathedral. From the Airport you can take the bus just for 3 and getting off close to the Cathedral, From Bus Station: take bus number 3-33 to centro-Cathedral Train Station: take the bus number 4/6/9/11 to Cathedral stop. We are reachable with urban buses, taxis, train stations, right beside the cathedral. The outstanding amount is payable to the property directly upon your arrival. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, HostelWorld, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets and Hotel.de so you can book your Hostal Antares reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.