This hotel is just up the Cuesta de Gomerez from Plaza Nueva. Cuesta means "ascent", and indeed this road leads steeply up to the Alhambra. However it's no longer a bus route, being access only, so there is little or no traffic. And the noisy bustle of the Plaza quickly reduces to utter peace and quiet as you reach the hotel.
This could be described as a "hidden gem". It's relatively small (16 rooms), but reasonably well appointed, including internet access, a decent breakfast for around 7 euros, a secluded second floor terrace, and a view from the top floor. The staff were all friendly and helpful, and spoke excellent English. They were particularly helpful in arranging our Alhambra tickets. (Really you should reserve these in advance, but in March there was no problem in getting tickets for the next day.) There is a lift to all but the very top floor. Free tea and coffee are available at all times.
Our room was relatively small (there were both smaller and much larger rooms), but it had a decent shower, comfortable bed (we could have done with additional pillows though), and rear views over the terrace and adjacent gardens. Utterly tranquil; the only sound was a barking dog. The only minor quibble was that the shower gel ran out - and the toilet rolls nearly did as well. As we stayed 3 nights, we would have expected these to be checked and replaced as necessary.
Given its central but quiet location, the moderate prices, and the friendly welcome, we have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is situated in a building that dates from the 1800s, charming and small, this "typical" hotel of 14 rooms has been fully renovated for use as a hotel since 2004. While conserving the architecture from its past, the hotel is equipped with a modern and functional in keeping with todays standards. Magnificently situated on Cuesta de Gomerez, beside the Puerta de las Granadas from where you can access the Alhambra. The hotel is situated in the centre of the triangle formed by the Alhambra., Albayzin and the Cathedral.With maximum comfort, the hotel offers the travelers a stay right in the historical centre of Granada, a short walk from all the most emblematic monuments and most traditional as well as modern areas of the city. Everything you need to know about granada is a short step away, The Alhambra, Albayzin, the Cathedral, museums, restaurants, festivals, tapas....We invite you to enjoy the city and its while resting in our centrally located hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Mirai, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Puerta de Las Granadas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Puerta De Las Granadas Hotel Granada
- Puerta De Las Granadas Granada