Hotel Puerta de las Granadas is not luxurious, but deserves its top rating: it is clean and comfortable, its location on the pedestrian street linking the Cathedral area and the Alhambra is ideal, and the English-speaking staff are friendly and helpful. Though there is a lot of pedestrian traffic out front, my street-facing room remained reasonably quiet at night. Breakfast is adequate, coffee is always on, and there is a small interior patio for relaxation.
If arriving by car, you’re advised to use the La Caleta parking garage on the main road into town from N and W (18 Euro per night), and then take a taxi, which costs only 5-6 Euro, to the hotel. But note: the hotel collects the 18 E., and you are supposed to present the stamped ticket to parking garage staff - if you just insert it in the machine upon exiting, it won't work, and you'll have to pay again in order to leave. (No prizes for surmising how I learned this.)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel is situated in a building that dates from the 1800s, charming and small, this "typical" hotel of 14 rooms has been fully renovated for use as a hotel since 2004. While conserving the architecture from its past, the hotel is equipped with a modern and functional in keeping with todays standards. Magnificently situated on Cuesta de Gomerez, beside the Puerta de las Granadas from where you can access the Alhambra. The hotel is situated in the centre of the triangle formed by the Alhambra., Albayzin and the Cathedral.With maximum comfort, the hotel offers the travelers a stay right in the historical centre of Granada, a short walk from all the most emblematic monuments and most traditional as well as modern areas of the city. Everything you need to know about granada is a short step away, The Alhambra, Albayzin, the Cathedral, museums, restaurants, festivals, tapas....We invite you to enjoy the city and its while resting in our centrally located hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, HostelWorld, Cancelon, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Puerta de Las Granadas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Puerta De Las Granadas Hotel Granada
- Puerta De Las Granadas Granada