“Great churros”

Ranked #35 of 68 Coffee & Tea in Granada
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Bar, Cafe
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Description: Soccer Coffee opened in 1903, its founder D. Antonio Martin Suarez grandfather of the current owner Antonio Navas Suarez who along with his father D. Antonio Rodriguez Suarez continued the business began as milk sales and home delivery which soon evolved into what we know today. Currently D. Antonio Suarez shares the address Cafe football with his son, Alfonso Garcia Suarez. Since then, four generations of Suarez have gone through this iconic cafe Granada, where tradition is maintained in the development of the best Churros with Chocolate and exquisite curly milk. Today Granada No individual understand the Plaza de Mariana Pineda without Coffee Cup, a place steeped in history and that He continues to make history in Granada.
Reviewed April 11, 2019 via mobile

We stopped by on recommendation and were not disappointed. The churros were light and chocolate also on the lighter side. We enjoyed a few drinks in the outdoor space. It is a very convivial place. Wait staff was multi-lingual but service was facilitated thru Spanish. We were not disappointed.

Date of visit: April 2019
CAFE_FUTBOL, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Cafe Futbol, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2019

Thank you very much!

Write a reviewReviews (485)

Reviewed March 31, 2019

Although I love discovering new places, Cafe Futbol became my daily breakfast spot for the three days I was in Granada. I became addicted to the churros and chocolate, as well as the tuna & tomato tostada sandwiches. Adding the fresh-squeezed orange juice from trees all over the neighborhood made for an unbeatable start to the day for less than 10 euros!

Date of visit: March 2019
CAFE_FUTBOL, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Cafe Futbol, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2019

Thank you very much Virgil!

Reviewed January 19, 2019 via mobile

第一次来到了西班牙,原来这里还有我想念的炸油条!如果说你的西班牙早餐或者午饭想吃点有家乡的味道小吃,在这家咖啡店里的炸油条是最美味可口不过了!

I have checked with the local Realejo hotel’s receptionist recommendation, FUTBOL was the best choice for the local people’s afternoon tea, coffee and churros goer.
Saving pictures of food usually does work as a language incase if I can’t explain the dish name to my server, the waiter would say Si and more Spanish to me which I guest he fully understood ! Got what I really need with excellent service with more Spanish smiles. The ambiance were so vibrant , clean and full of locals chatting.

I would love to revisit again surely ! Thank you so much for your biro and the little calendar .

Muchas gracias !

Date of visit: January 2019
1  Thank meio343
CAFE_FUTBOL, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Cafe Futbol, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2019

¡Muchas gracias! Thank you sou much!

Reviewed January 1, 2019

Service was at best chaotic and rushed and at times down right rude. Because he was so busy rushing about and doing things in a compellty illogical order there were many errors made on our table and others. When food and drinks did come it was slammed down.

The churros were a big portion and were ok but but choc sauce was t the best (when it eventually came.

The ham and eggs tasted better than it looked but that wasn’t saying much.

Wouldn’t return

Date of visit: December 2018
CAFE_FUTBOL, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Cafe Futbol, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2019

Dear Firefairie,

A pity that you haven´t enjoyed with us. We offer very good products at reasonable prices.

We take note of your comment. A greeting.

Reviewed October 24, 2018

We were on a wander through Granada in the evening and found this gem of a bar, it's got a large outside area but we sat just outside the door. The beer was good and the prices were reasonable so we sat and had a couple more.
An old woman, obviously local and down on her luck called by, there was a bit of talking and she left. One of the barmen ran out after her and followed her up the road and gave her what I presume to be a sandwich for her troubles. Classy and kind.
Where else would you get it? We were very touched and I told the barman who was serving me I'd write a review of the bar! Here you go!
Check this place out - they deserve your custom.

Date of visit: September 2018
CAFE_FUTBOL, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Cafe Futbol, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2018

Thank you very much Johnnybhoy67! Best regards,