“Very good hotel, needs to arrive in the digital age however.”

Vincci Granada Hotel
Ranked #88 of 125 Hotels in Granada

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Newport, United Kngdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

We stayed twice at hotel Vincci in the summer, in order to visit The Alhambra and the Cathedral. We did some shopping but in 47C one cannot stay for long outside. The hotel provided the coolness and comfort we needed for a very reasonable price. It is situated only 400 m away from the railway station and close to the Colon Avenue, where the Alhambra minibuses stop to pick up the tourists. Wide choice of ice- creams and pizzas Dominos nearby, breakfast also available, s well as Internet.

Room Tip: From floor 9 you can see Granada and the Alhambra
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
GemmadeVincci, Community Manager at Vincci Granada Hotel, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
To our esteemed guest:
It was such a pleasure reading your comments. Without a doubt, feedback like yours encourages us to continue working hard so that our guests’ experiences at our hotels are enjoyable ones. We would love to see you again soon at any of our establishments.
Kindest regards.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012

We arrived to find that there was a hidden charge for parking in the hotels facilities. The receptionist was very abrupt and rude. We were informed breakfast was only booked for one of us which was an error & the receptionist would get back to us to confirm we were both booked in for breakfast. He didn't, despite us asking several times. Rooms were clean however very dated. The hotel frontage & lobby leads you to believe it is a modern hotel. It isn't. We couldn't wait to leave. We didn't stay for breakfast. The surrounding area hasn't got a lot to offer visitors. The hotel is a taxi ride into the city. We shall not be visiting this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2012
GemmadeVincci, Community Manager at Vincci Granada Hotel, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to write your opinions and comments regarding your stay in our hotel. We deeply regret that your expectations were not met and inform you that we will bear close in mind your feedback with the aim of continuing to improve the service we offer our guests.
We are also sorry about the problem with your breakfast reservation and we were happy that this error was satisfactorily taken care of the moment it was detected.
We would also like to mention that all of our staff are characterized for providing impeccable service and at all times taking care of requests and providing information to guests, so we apologize if you felt in your case it was not entirely like this.
We are available for anything you need.
Warmest regards.

Travelers are raving about these Granada hotels

Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2012

We stayed at the hotel for two nights. Let me start by talking about two of the major benefits: the location and the staff. The hotel is located within a short walking distance to the Cathedral, the old quarter, and many restaurants. The staff is professional, helpful, and always answers questions.

The room we had was clean, the bathroom was large and also clean. The room itself was quite small and gave little space to move around. We had a corner window with a nice view, but was an under utilized space.

The lobby could use some updating or major cleaning. The white seating area in the lobby was not clean and looked worn. The other couches and seats looked like they've seen better days. The hallways were dark and the carpet too looked like it has seen better days.

The room was supposed to have an air condition which we turned on when I came in. However, this had limited effect on the room's temperature and the bathroom stayed quite warm. We asked a staff member to see if this could be fixed, but it did not feel like it was. I don't think it was the fault of the staff member as much as it probably was impossible to do anything about it.

The breakfast buffet included a typical buffet offered in many hotels (breads, cakes, meats, cheeses, fried eggs, etc.) and was quite satisfying.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
GemmadeVincci, Community Manager at Vincci Granada Hotel, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
Dear guest,
Thank you for choosing Vincci Hotels and sending your feedback. We are pleased to know that your stay with us was pleasant and that our location, rooms, staff and breakfast service were all to your liking. Without a doubt the satisfaction of our guests is our reason to be and what we work for every day in Vincci Hotels.
We regret, however, that some details were not entirely to your liking. We would like you to know that we take note of each and every guest´s observations, complaints, suggestions and comments, always with the aim of improving.
We are at your disposal for anything you might need.
Warmest regards,
SanAntonio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012

We ended up here due to a parking situation in the albaicin at the last minute. The staff was very gracious, helping us to park our massive van, giving us directions, etc. I thought the breakfast buffet was very good! We had a really nice time here.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
, Community Manager at Vincci Granada Hotel, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
To our esteemed guest:
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate knowing that your stay with us met your expectations. Without question, our guests’ satisfaction is our raison d’être.
We hope to see you again soon at one of our hotels.
Kindest regards.
New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2012

The hotel is centrally located in Granada, but doubles as a hotel and apartment building with only the top floors reserved for the hotel. The view of the Alhambra from the spacious patio is wonderful. Although the rooms were spacious, the sheets and blankets were rough and uninviting. The hotel offered a buffet breakfast which was unimpressive and the staff at breakfast was unfriendly.The hotel lobby is black and white modern decor and is the only place where internet access is available. Our biggest complaint was the giant water bug we found roaming the hallway one night upon our return from dinner.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
GemmadeVincci, Community Manager at Vincci Granada Hotel, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Dear guest,
Thank you for choosing Vincci Hotels and for sending your feedback and insights. We are pleased to know that you were satisfied with our location and our views, as well as with our rooms, but regret we did not totally meet your expectations and that some aspects of your stay were not to your liking.
In this regard, we would like to inform you that we take note of each and every guest´s observations, complaints, suggestions and comments, always with the aim of improving.
We would also like to apologize for the chance presence of an insect in our facilities and clarify that it was immediately removed by our staff. We would also like to note that our establishment meets requirements regarding insect elimination and after this incident without precedents we have proceeded to take additional measures to make sure it does not happen again.
Ultimately we work to satisfy our guests and their opinions are what always guide us in doing so.
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2012

Booked for 2 nights at Vincci Granada . Arriving 19th May and departing on 21st May.

Upon checking in , I mentioned to the staff ( a blonde lady ... they do not wear name tag ) that I might have an early checkout on the 21st at 0700hrs and enquired about breakfast for the departure day. I was told that a picnic breakfast will be arrange or I can have a simple breakfast at the breakfast room itself ( whatever is available at that time )

Upon checking out at 0700hrs on the 21st , I asked the male staff ( no name tag) about my breakfast picnic and he rebuked me by telling me that I need to reconfirm about the picnic breakfast one day earlier on the 20th. I explained to him that we were out the wholeday (20th MAY) at Al Hambra then shopping and followed by dinner since it was a a very beautiful lovely day.We went straight to our room without reminding the staff about the breakfast picnic for the next day ( 21st May)

The male staff simply said that there is nothing he could do about my breakfast! I questioned him for saying that by just not doing anything. He did not even make any call to the breakfast room! When i requested that he called the breakfast room , he was upset and make the call. After a few ringing tone , he put the phone down and told me that there is no one up there. I requested just mineral water since my throat was dry and i need to eat my medication. Again he told me there is nothing he could do about it. I reminded him that as a guest of the hotel , surely something can be done about ... just a bottle of mineral water and again he told me that there is nothing he could do about it!

I was indeed upset and went to the breakfastroom and saw a door at the service side opened. I entered and saw a grumpy big man with side burn busy preparing the breakfast buffet alone. I greeted " hola" to him .I then requested for water and that I helped myself to a glass of water since I saw it was available in a bucket next to a bucket of small bottled juices . To my surprised , he literally chased me out of the breakfast room uttering something in Spanish . He then slammed the door behind me .

I was stunned !

I went downstairs and complaint to the male receptionist about what happened upsatairs. He simply told that there is nothing he could do about it. At this time i was really angry for being as such and told him that he should not be in this service industry. Suddenly , a male staff woke upon hearing the commotion . I told him that i simply want water. He instructed the unhelpful staff o give me 2 bottles of mineral water. I thanked the kind hearted staff and just took one bottle.

Thats all I need.

The above situation disturbed me and my wife. We should not be getting such treatment in the first place . It saddened me more in that Vincci Granada is a 4 star hotel. ( the stars are prominently displayed outside the hotel entrance ) I hope the management will look into it to prevent similar episode from happening again.

By the way , I paid for 2 breakfasts. Got only one . The other one is HUMILIATION !

Regards,

Adam Adnan

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Adamadnan
, Community manager at Vincci Granada Hotel, responded to this review, June 25, 2012
Dear guest,
Thank you for choosing Vincci Hotels and sending your comments. We deeply regret that your stay was not to as you would have hoped and that on your last day you could not take your breakfast with you. This type of breakfast always needs to be confirmed by the guest the night before, as it requires being prepared on time for the guest’s departure. Probably it was all due to a misunderstanding regarding the breakfast´s confirmation.
We apologize for the inconveniences and remain at your disposal for whatever you may need.