While many aspects of the hotel have aspects of a higher rating the hotel can have some downsides to it.
On the up side the staff is very helpful and fluent in English for those that have that as a need. The rooms all very different and I can only comment on the one we had and the ones are traveling companions had during our stay. Both rooms were clean, spacious and well decorated. The baths are nice, spacious with soft towels and nicer than usual bath robes. Ours had a jacuzzi type tub in it. It also had dark wood ceilings which added to its character.
Beds were comfortable although the smallest of the"King Size" beds we experienced throughout Spain.
Another plus is water in the minibar and in a reception area is complimentary. That saves several euros a day for those that drink bottled water. It has a nice center courtyard where one can relax. The location is great as well with the Alhambra and Cathedral close by.
The main down side is that depending on where your room is noise can be an issue. We had absolutely no street noise but could easily hear people talking in the hall or courtyard. Since the hotel is small and we stayed out late it was only an issue when others were up earlier than us. The hotel itself is quite old and while the furnishings our very nice and most fixtures are quite modern, the hotel seems old which can add to the noise as well as the charm.
It also is only accessible by foot for about the last 50 - 200 meters depending how well your driver is willing and able to navigate the narrow streets to the property.
All this said, if in Granada again I probably would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Casa 1800 Granada is a charming hotel located in a fully restored XVII century historical building, the building is known as Casa de los Migueletes and served as the headquarters of the militia at the time. The hotel is decorated with chandeliers, frescos, cupolas and luxurious furnishings, always in keeping with the noble wood of the building whilst highlighting the Classicist and Mudejar elements of the original house. The rooms are elegant and cozy, some enjoy views of the Alhambra, inner courtyards, coffered ceilings and offer all kinds of amenities. The House is organised around a central courtyard where each morning breakfast is served and in the afternoon tea is offered to the hotel guests, who are treated to a family atmosphere and making the stay special and unforgettable. The charming hotel has a privileged location in the centre of Granada between the magical Albaicin and at the foot of the Alhambra. Nearby there are museums, theatres, monuments, shops, restaurants and tapas bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Casa 1800 Granada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Room Mate Migueletes Granada
- Room Mate Migueletes Hotel Granada