“Hotel Casa 1800 - best hotel in Granada”

Hotel Casa 1800 Granada
Ranked #6 of 122 Hotels in Granada
Dublin, Ireland
“Hotel Casa 1800 - best hotel in Granada”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

What a beautiful hotel! Fabulous atmosphere and a really beautiful building. Our room was lovely and incredibly quiet and peaceful. Since Casa 1800 is in the old Albaicin quarter, everything is close at hand. We really enjoyed strolling through the old cobbled streets (some are very steep so be prepared for a bit of a climb!). Complimentary afternoon tea in the hotel is such a brilliant idea - just at the right time to allow you catch your breath before heading out again.

Room Tip: I upgraded to a superior room. This is a good idea as these room are upstairs. Some of the downstair...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (353)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 21, 2012

We stayed two nights recently in this lovely ancient hotel that was full of character with antiques and chandeliers. Our room was a superior one that looked in onto the interior courtyard with its comfortable chairs and tinkling fountain. The room was tasteful and I loved the mirrors! The breakfast was excellent and afternoon tea was free. The hotel is up a lovely cobbled lane in the Albaicin area - old medieval streets - and is very convenient for all the sites, Alhambra etc. and near lots of bars and restaurants. The sort of hotel we love!

Room Tip: Possibly the superior rooms are larger.
North Carolina
Reviewed September 20, 2012

I was surprised when I read the negative reviews of Hotel Casa 1800 after staying there for 3 days earlier this week. My husband and I were on our honeymoon and I wanted to book somewhere special. I travel frequently and can honestly say that this was one of the best experiences I've had at a hotel. The hotel was beautiful, a converted 18th century home. When we arrived, the receptionist was extremely nice. She even carried my bag to the lift, which was very helpful since I threw my back out earlier this week unbeknownst to her. Our hotel was located right next to the lift on the second floor and had a beautiful view of the Alhambra. What a stunning (and clean) room! I usually don't splurge for an upgraded room (this was a superior), but this was definitely worth it! I can't imagine what the even better rooms look like.

As for the hotel itself, the location was top notch, right at the bottom of the main road to the Alhambra as well as the Albacin and Sacromonte districts (neither of which should be missed). The breakfast was great too. It was truly a special visit. I would definitely stay there again if I got a third chance to visit this fairy tale of a city.

Room Tip: Spend a little more on a superior room. I usually don't, but it was definitely worth it.
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Very similar in lay out to its sister hotel in Seville but probably a little more authentic with rooms appearing to be at all sorts of levels. We had room 20 and had a lovely view of the Alhambra which was an unexpected bonus.
The only slight fault was that service at breakfast and afternoon tea was sometimes a little slow, having to wait for food or coffee cups or knives for a while on a few occasions but all in all a great hotel, clean and well maintained in a brilliant location.

Room Tip: Room 20 has a view of the Alhambra
San Francisco, California
Reviewed September 15, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon in August and found it to be a beautiful secret oasis in Granada. Its located off a narrow cobblestone street, but once you enter the hotel you are relieved from the heat (in August) and the crowds. The hotel is one of the best decorated hotels that I've stayed in, luxurious velvet armchairs in the courtyard, nice linens on the bed, spacious bathroom, and air conditioning that worked well. We loved the free water bottles in the room and enjoyed the snacks in the courtyard in the afternoon. We found the staff to be extremely helpful and absolutely loved the flamenco show they recommended that was performed by gypsies and included a tour through the albayzin (tip: make sure to bring your walking shoes). All in all we had a wonderful stay in Granada.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
NY
Reviewed September 3, 2012

This was such a great find! We spent two nights at the Hotel Casa 1800 and could not have been happier. The building is super cute and has tons of character. The rooms are not fancy, but ours (on the second floor facing the courtyard) was bright and sunny and had a lovely, cozy feel.

The location is perfect. Right next to a number of excellent tapas bars and restaurants, as well as an easy (though steep) walk up to the Alhambra and quick stroll from the Cathedral. The hotel is at the foot of the Albayzin quarter, which is really charming. The directions the hotel gave us from/to the airport/train station were excellent, and the signage is good, so it's hard to get lost.

The hotel has afternoon tea/coffee and snacks, which is a nice touch. The best thing about the Hotel Casa 1800, however, is probably the wonderful staff. They were so friendly and helpful. We had a bit of a nightmare with a lost bag, and the front desk went above and beyond the call of duty to help us and follow up with the extremely annoying airline, including over numerous shift changes and after our departure. We would have been lost without them!

We would definitely recommend this hotel to anybody staying in Granada!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank RandB00
Beirut, Lebanon
Reviewed August 22, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel as part of a family vacation, we had opted for a junior suite. This hotel does not claim to be something that it is not, a three star rating means what it means. Our room was a bit stuffy, smelled of antique wood, our A.C. was underperforming, the bed rigid, and the way from the room to the bathroom included a slippery two marble step staircase which was cause for worry for my 6 months pregnant wife who has regular bathroom runs in the middle of the night.

The hotel is very well located, and the staff helpful.

Our stay was short (one night), for me personally I would opt for a higher star rated establishment.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family