For someone with limited English the driving instructions were very bad.
The hotel is beautifully located in the old town in Albaicin just below Alhambra BUT you can't drive into the old town.
The hotel recommended an underground carpark but told you not to use your GPS. Maybe because some guests put hotel address into GPS and ran into the old town entry barriers. I told them they need to provide a GPS location for the carpark.
We spent 1 3/4 hours getting from the ring road to the hotel because the instructions were to follow the signs. If you don't speak Spanish then 'follow the signs' instructions are difficult. With good instructions, either GPS or English, it should have taken 10 - 15 minutes. For example there was no reference to a roundabout immediately after leaving the expressway. The simple instruction if coming from Jaen was to take the roundabout exit under the expressway (not sure of the number but could be 5th exit).
Hopefully with my constructive advice to the hotel this problem will be avoided in future.
The hotel - the room, breakfast, afternoon happy hour and the helpful staff at front desk were all excellent..
Such a pity we had such a horrible arrival.
Alhambra was great but Sacromonte was an unexpected gem. We visited the open air Museum and a flamenco dinner show. There are some comments about personal security in Sacromonte but we never felt unsafe. We did get a taxi back to our hotel at night after the show rather than walking.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Casa 1800 Granada is a charming hotel located in a fully restored XVII century historical building, the building is known as Casa de los Migueletes and served as the headquarters of the militia at the time. The hotel is decorated with chandeliers, frescos, cupolas and luxurious furnishings, always in keeping with the noble wood of the building whilst highlighting the Classicist and Mudejar elements of the original house. The rooms are elegant and cozy, some enjoy views of the Alhambra, inner courtyards, coffered ceilings and offer all kinds of amenities. The House is organised around a central courtyard where each morning breakfast is served and in the afternoon tea is offered to the hotel guests, who are treated to a family atmosphere and making the stay special and unforgettable. The charming hotel has a privileged location in the centre of Granada between the magical Albaicin and at the foot of the Alhambra. Nearby there are museums, theatres, monuments, shops, restaurants and tapas bars. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hotel Casa 1800 Granada reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Room Mate Migueletes Granada
- Room Mate Migueletes Hotel Granada