Albero
  • Room Service
$84
$116
Hotels.com
Puerta de Las Granadas(Granada)(Great Value!)
$63
$227
$211
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfree street parkingthe buscity centrecontinental breakfast isvery clean hotelvisiting granadavisit alhambraparked our caralhambra ticketscomfortable roomclose to the hoteltea coffeestayed here for one nightsmall hotelminute walkper dayexcellent hotel
Reviewed June 26, 2014

We stayed one night in this lovely hotel and enjoyed every minute of our stay, the staff are so welcoming and do everything they can to make your stay memorable. Our room was very nicely decorated and like the rest of the hotel spotlessly clean, the bed was really comfortable and the bedding very good quality. We had a lovely breakfast before checking out and the owner had booked tickets for us to visit the Alhambra which is really just a short drive away. Our only regret was that we hadn`t booked a longer visit, maybe next time.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hotcurry2009
Reviewed June 5, 2014

Just got back after a three-day stay in Granada. If, like us, you go there by car I believe this hotel is perfect for most travellers. It could not be easier to find, the owners/staff are extremely accommodating, the hotel itself is extremely clean and the rooms are a good size. Breakfast is optional and simple but at 3.80 is perfectly good value for money. Personally we would not have wanted to stay in the town centre, as we prefer to travel in and out, particularly here since the buses are frequent and set off within 100 metres of the hotel. If you´re reasonably fit it´s not too far to walk but don´t bother, there´s just no point. The cost of the bus is €1.20 each per trip (get off after 10 minutes at the Catedral) and yet despite this we spent far less on buses that we would have done on town centre parking. The traffic in central Granada is manic anyway and unlike many cities, the old narrow roads are still a busy part of the regular traffic network so beware.

Overall Granada is a really nice city, tons of shopping if that´s what floats your boat. The old town and shopping area is far bigger than I expected but for whatever reason it still has a lovely feel to it. It doesn't leave you feeling cramped and dirty afterwards. Maybe that's because there seemed to be peaceful plazas at the end of every busy street. The tapas & cerveza bars vary in price and quality beware. If you can find the Catedral bar, on Calle Provincias about 20 yards off Plaza de Pasiegas, facing the grand imposing entrance to the Catedral, they do great tapas and cerveza for €1.50. Also the Patio de la Torre bar on nearby Calle Mesones they do the same for 2 euros. Some places charge 3 euros just for the beer!!

Anyway, personally the Alhambra was easily worth the money and Ticketmaster machines dispensed the online pre/purchased tickets instantly for once. It's obviously a very precious place, and the Spanish should be grateful to the Moors for being so many great concepts to their country. But thinking there was a military element to it I was personally a bit disappointed because there isn't any really. Beautiful place though, really, but for me 45 minutes on the upper gardens and three hours tops on the rest before you then go to the Nasrid Palaces. 5 hours tops the whole place which to many I know will sound sacrilegious.

But if you have a car get on the A395 left from the hotel and drive 25 kms from the hotel up Mulhacen. It's a great road all the way. There is a good bar and parking (but no toilets) at around 3,000 metres and you can walk a further 10kms up from there if you want. At the car park we were just below the snow line and it was 12 degrees versus 28 in Granada. The highlight of the trip for us.

Great value hotel that will suit almost everyone.

Room Tip: if you ask for a balcony they'll give you one, we had room 106 which faced the rear. No reason to think all the rooms aren't as quiet as that was.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Valencianista
Reviewed May 31, 2014

I booked this hotel without researching it properly and was disappointed that it was so far from town. They did manage to book me Alhambra tickets on arrival which was good as these sell out online a month in advance in Summer. Incidentally I thought the Alhambra overrated also and was like an oven in May. Lots of reflected sunlight from white marble and not enough shaded areas, too many tourists and the whole hassle of getting in ruined it for me.

But back to the hotel Albero which isn't the easiest to get back to. I was on a budget trip but had no choice but to pay 10 euros each way from the train station on the other side of Granada to get there. I would advise staying more central. It's a half hour walk uphill to the back entrance of Alhambra from here and not the safest with stray dogs and strong sunlight at higher altitude. You can of course get the bus but Granada's an interesting town and this hotel is really on the outskirts of town.

The hotel itself was fine, but I think most Spanish hotels, even one star ones are very clean and good value. I found it a little old-fashioned and the staff didn't speak much
English although they were helpful. Again most people in the hospitality industry in these parts tend to be pleasant. Didn't like the pictures of bull-fighting on the walls as I don't agree with that.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 31, 2014

We stayed here for one night on May 21, 2014 arriving by car. The manager walked down to the garage and even parked my car for me as it was a manual. He was a very nice person and spoke very good English. We were able to leave our car here while we toured the Alhambra. Again the manager walked to the garage and helped me maneuver my car. The hotel was spotless and very comfortable. Without a doubt I would recommend this hotel to anyone desiring a caring and friendly management and an affordable price. Easy access to town center by taxi or bus. The continental breakfast with fresh squeezed orange juice was a sweet value.

Room Tip: Our room was a side view and was very comfortable.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 14, 2014

For people coming with a car for few days it's the best solution: free street parking, 5 minutes up the road driving to alhambra, 15 minutes to the center by bus 33.
The hotel is immaculately clean, the owner is very friendly and speaks good english. continental breakfast is a good value under 4 Euros. A hidden gem. We couldn't believe that's 1 star hotel.
it deserves even 3 STARS.
For tourist coming by train or bus to Granada it's better to stay in the center. We came with a car
and only for 2 days, one of them was spent completely in Alhambra which left us speachless!.

Room Tip: room with balcony to the side road behind the hotel
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple