“Affordable overnight lodging, with easy access by bus to central Granada attractions” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Motel Sierra Nevada

Motel Sierra Nevada
Ranked #72 of 125 Hotels in Granada
UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

Stayed here on a quick overnight visit from Gaucin where I own a house. Overall, I was pleasantly surprised given the very affordable €29 room rate. The location is nothing to write home about, but I could park the car there for free and get into town very easily on the frequent bus service. The rooms are rather like a US motel, but spacious and functionally comfortable. I had breakfast and one evening (the 'menu del dia') at the attached restaurant and was pleasantly surprised. If I was visiting Granada again by car, I'd probably stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank HJCM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night at the start of a short walking trip. Landed at Malaga on schedule at 8.50 pm, got 9.14 pm train into the city, then 10 pm bus out to Granada. Had booked into this (m/h)otel as it's affordable (€35 a night) and adjacent to the bus station - I was getting the 10 am bus out to La Alpujarra the next day. My room was basic but clean and suited me in every way. So 5 out of 5... except for the comedy check-in!

I walked into the reception at 11.45 pm. I was tired and wanted to get to bed. There was a single staff member in reception and he was checking-in a British family of three, who seemingly had arrived moments before me. I waited patiently. The staff member asked for all the passports of the family. He then tried to enter the relevant details from their passports into his computer. Except... he didn't seem to know what a passport was and where in it these details could be found. "That's a visa you're trying to read, not the ID page of the passport" said the father of the family, with incredible patience, I thought. The staff member also didn't seem to know how to use his computer. He then noticed me:
"Yes?! What do you want?"
"I have a reservation and would like to check-in," I said (as I've mentioned, I'd been waiting quietly and patiently).
"You will have to wait until I have checked-in these people! They were here first!" he said.

Eventually, it was my turn. The staff member tried to photocopy my passport and, after three unsuccessful attempts at using the copier, finally succeeded. He wouldn't give me my passport back, however, unless I paid my room bill in advance. I agreed to do this and got out my credit card (although the hotel already had my card details from my original on-line booking). He found the hand-held credit card reader but then stared at it in amazement: "It does not work!" he said. (I suspect it needed turning on.)

I finally got into my room at about 12.15 am. I had to leave my passport in reception. And the next morning... another receptionist was on duty and my check-out was swift, efficient and friendly.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank TheProfessor34
scotland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Ok for a night in transit.not able to say too much about the grounds as arrived at night and left v early next day.staff nice.great safe parking for car.rooms could probably do with updating but comfortable and clean and good hot shower.tv in room and heating if required.may be a bit difficult to get to without sat nav to guide but not too bad.the restaurant was open late but we had already eaten so cant say about the quality of food.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

This motel includes both camping grounds and the rooms. They are located side by side. I'm reviewing the motel room where we stayed. The room was very basic and A/C would only work when you're inside, meaning you're coming to a hot room in the evening after touring the city. The hotel staff consists of just a few people. A person at the reception was invariably busy all the time. They also ask you to leave a legal ID with them for the entire stay (hotel policy). I didn't feel very comfortable doing that, but there was no choice. I think that this place is the best for campers (they looked very happy at their grounds). It's not bad at all if you need a cheap stay in Granada, but it's not the best.
A quick note on transportation: it is true that it is very easy to get to the downtown by bus, probably a 15 minute ride. It cost us 1.30 cents each person/way. Just ask for a stop at the Cathedral. The bus runs every 5 minutes but the last one was probably around 11pm, taxies are available after that.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family