“Just confirming”

Ranked #76 of 122 Hotels in Granada
London, United Kingdom
“Just confirming”
Reviewed October 19, 2013

In the heart of the 'play' district of granada, I found this was the perfect retreat after besting my cousins at all night drinking games, or dancing on the tables at the trendier end of the square. The summer nights on the square can be loud and busy, though I had no problem sleeping because i was normally the last one on the square.

The staff were very friendly and I survived on my pigeon spanish and their pigeon english. The rooms were cool even in high summer, kept very clean. No food. Pity, though with the near by eateries left me full as an egg most of the time.

It's my preferred sleeping point in Granada, but you have to go there with some expectation of late nights and late mornings.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Mr_G1666

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 18, 2013

From what I have read, many other contributors find the noise of the square outside a real issue. I must admit, that wasn't my experience at all. My room was extremely dark anyway, with just one window out onto the side street, and when I closed the shutters, it was like being in a womb. I found myself waking at 1.30 in the afternoon!

The same darkness that made it so easy to sleep was a slight nuisance when it came to getting ready to go out, as fixing my make-up was real guess work - an overhead light would have helped a lot! But the foyer is charming, the staff helpful, and as all I wanted was a place to set out from in the morning and come back to at night, this hotel worked very well for me. Despite the inconveniences, I would go back.

Room Tip: If you want sleep, choose something at the back and make sure the room has shutters.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
SE England
Reviewed September 9, 2013

This is a comfortable hotel ideally situated for a visit to the Alhambra and other places of interest in the city. There are plenty of restaurants nearby. I found the staff to be helpful and friendly. The hotel does not provide meals, but can arrange breakfast for you in neighbouring premises - really, you'd be better to go and find it yourself.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AllenSEEngland
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed August 17, 2013

This hotel is as bad as bad can get. The only positive was the location to the Alhambra and that we only had to endure it for one night. Upon arriving, we were greeted with a very unhappy looking receptionist who seemed put out by our questions. Firstly the boyfriend asked if there was WiFi to which we got a confused look (there isn't any), we then asked if she could show us on the map where we wanted to go-that got the same "I don't understand you look". We then went to our room which was two single beds instead of a double, fair enough we switched hassle free. The room was covered in dust and the fridge was like it hadn't been cleaned in months. I asked the receptionist if she had an iron, to which I got a look like she wanted to hit me over the head with one (no iron). As I read some other reviews for this hotel, I wonder if we just came on a bad day with a bad receptionist and the cleaners day off.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Orla D

Travelers are raving about these Granada hotels

Roedding, Denmark
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We actually booked another hotel. However, their aircondition system broke down and we were recommended Hotel Plaza Nueva.
Nice furnitures, air condition and about ten meters from Plaza Nueva with all its cafés and restaurants.
The staff was very nice and ready to help or answer questions when needed. They get 5 points of 5.
Best to close the shutters and curtains in order to reduce sounds from busy people in the morning.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Huntington Beach, California
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I rented a 2 bedroom apartment not too far from the hotel. I booked this through Booking.com and It stated that all apartments had air conditioning and a fully stocked kitchen. There was no air conditioning. There were only 5 glasses and they were not all of the same size. Only 1 small cereal bowl. Very few other things in the kitchen. I asked about getting some wine glasses but I only got a shrug. We had barely enough things to scrape together a dinner.
There were lots of broken knobs on furniture, missing outlet bulb, a nonworking receptical, etc. etc. The management and care of this place really shows a lack of respect for their customers. I have never seen a more poorly maintained apartment.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Ray B
Pthanley
Reviewed June 28, 2013

GREAT location. Was not too noisy although located directly off a large plaza. Must pay for Wifi. Soaps and shampoos not great. No frills. Clean. Comfortable. Great staff. Charming décor in lobby and bar.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends