AC Palacio De Santa Paula, Autograph Collection
Ranked #13 of 122 Hotels in Granada
Berlin, NJ
“Memorable!!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Better than the photos! Charming and modern. Ask for room 26 with the balcony!! Location was perfect for walking to shops and the bus to the Alhambra. The restaurant on premise was excellent as well. Would definitely stay at this property again.

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Helsinki, Finland
Reviewed November 3, 2012

The hotel has a good location. Alhambra and Sacromonte are within a short taxi ride. Also, shopping and restaurants are all within walking distance.

The hotel is in pretty good condition. The only negative thing with the rooms is that apparently smoking is allowed in some rooms and those rooms are also given to people requesting non-smoking rooms (at least our room was such).

The courtyard is just brilliant - a perfect place to chill and just enjoy the atmosphere. The restaurant was nice but nothing special.

If you are looking for that smooth Marriot service you might find the front desk a little bit clumsy.

Having said this, I would probably stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Forney, Texas
Reviewed October 29, 2012

A very charming hotel with a nice Old World feel to it. The location was perfect for our stay in Grenada as it was in the heart of the downtown area and a short taxi ride to Alhambra. The service in the hotel was exceptionally good; for example, when I asked for directions they would print them out for me and even give me an alternate route.

I'm not sure if I actually got the room I paid for as I don't recall there being a desk or sofa bed as stated in the description. . . but I guess it didn't matter as I didn't even realize it until after I left the hotel! The room we did have (supposedly a suite) was very comfortable; however, I did notice other rooms could be very small so make sure you get what you want! The bed was very comfortable and this hotel provides lots of nice amenities . . . the nicest touch being the free minibar! The Internet was VERY slow, and on the floor we were on one was better off using the Internet connection that was from the lobby (and free!). The breakfast was pricey but very good . . . I didn't care for the dinner we ate at the hotel as the main portion was dinky and not very interesting for something that had the pretense of being creative.

I should mention I got the best rate on the Marriot website.

My wife and I had a great stay here!

Room Tip: make sure you view your room before accepting it
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 28, 2012

We stayed at this hotel for two nights at the end of a tour through Andalucia. It was wonderful, very relaxing and beautiful. We didn't try the restaurant, though it looked great and it is a beautiful building (converted from a monastery and moorish house).

We used the spa area and they staff turned the steam room and sauna on for us which only took about 10 minutes to warm up.

Great location, would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: we stayed at the front on the main road. rooms have double glazing, but you may want a quieter room
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed October 26, 2012

The building is very beautiful and the location is convenient for everything.

The room was pleasant and included a fruit basket and free minibar.

Free internet in the rooms was not included however. The options were to sit in the lobby or to pay for internet. Neither of which are really satisfactory for a 5 star hotel. I've stayed at budget guesthouses that throw in free wifi in rooms. Shouldn't be an issue at a luxury hotel.
I sat in the lobby using the wifi and heard guest after guest asking how to get on the internet and being told they need to pay extra.

Breakfast was decent but nothing special. Worth it only if it's included.

Staff was OK. No complaints, but no raves either.

All in all, a great building and an average hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
New Jersey
Reviewed October 19, 2012

We recently visited Granada for two nights to see the Alhambra and stayed at the Palacio de Santa Paula (owned by Marriott). So glad we chose this hotel. It was amazing. We were 3 couples and reserved 3 rooms in the convent section. As soon as you arrive at the hotel the people in reception welcome you warmly and continue that though your stay. Very helpful and accommodating. The hotel is lovely and has an old world charm with modern efficiency. Our rooms were wonderful and had views onto the courtyard below. The rooms were all spacious and beautifully decorated. Plenty of room and very comfortable beds. The large bathrooms were fantastic with double sinks and a great shower. Free minibar that they restock (amazing...I have never seen this before). Robes, slippers, hairdryers, toiletries in each room. Free wifi available in the lounge area of the hotel and there was plenty of room there to sit and communicate with those at home. Location of hotel is perfect. Walking distance to almost everything you want to see and easy bus transportation right across the street. Great shopping also! We ate dinner one night at the hotel's restaurant El Clostro. Great restaurant! We ate outside in the courtyard and had a delicious meal with wonderful ambiance.

Room Tip: Stay in the convent section.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank ji24
Hants, UK
Reviewed October 15, 2012

My partner and I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights in early October. It is on a main street so you need to pull up and park outside and they will park you car for you but the parking is 20 euros per night. The hotel was an old convent so is very historic with fantastic architectural features. Helpful staff and good breakfast. Very well situated to walk around the city and close to the Alhambra by taxi. My only gripe was that we were put in the basement with no window so there was no natural light in the room at all although it was very well appointed. To be fair it was hosting a wedding on the day we arrived so I charitably assumed that the family had booked all the other rooms and that we got the last one even though we booked 6 months ahead. Good feature was that the mini bar was free but yes there was no tea of coffee in the room. If I stayed here again I would insist on an unpstairs room. They also give you good directions to leave the hotel by car which are absolutely essential.

Room Tip: Ask for an upstairs room.