“Cheap but..”

Hotel Los Girasoles II
Ranked #111 of 124 Hotels in Granada
Reviewed October 25, 2011

First things first - Los Girasoles II and Los Girasoles Apartments are in the same building. They are selling them as different properties which adds to the confusion.
The photographs are actually misleading because its only the only th lower floors that have been renovated. A considerable part of the property is apartments or rooms which date back to the 80's. The front desk was helpful and gave us choices to pick the room but they were all equally dark, stuffy and had really dated furnishings. We did pick one apartment and stayed there one night. Not sure if its an added perk if you get an apartment instead of a room that you originally booked.
Its a cheap place and well located and was okay for us as we were there for only 1 night. If it was a longer stay - we would have definitely moved.

Room Tip: Ask specifically for the renovated rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TubbyTraveller

Reviewed January 17, 2011

the room window was looking to the street where people were screaming and talking loud all night; one could here all neighbors walking and talking all night long too-so basically no sleep at all as the hotel is close to a night bar where everyone gets together and discuss/scream/drink/smoke till early morning; then in the morning the bathroom was full with ants, location is close to center, but walking in not so nice streets.....
you dont want a place like this....even for one night....

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Janaaroundtheworld
Reviewed July 11, 2009

This hotel was centrally located just 20 metres off Grand Via but very difficult to find. Although there were signs, they were not on Grand Via and the written instructions were vague. It is amid the graffiti-covered rollers doors but I still felt quite safe walking around the area. As a single, I had the use of a double room, which was attractive, comfortable and had a/c. The bathroom was functional and clean although the shower cubicle was very small and I almost got hit on the head a couple of times by the shower head falling down. It was also 2 days before I was given a bath mat and hand towel in addition to the bath towels. I booked through Lat Minute and the hotel cost me £33.35 per night excluding breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed September 20, 2008

We checked in the hotel at almost 3:00am. only one thing we would like to do was shower and a bed to sleep, when we got in the room, actually is an apartment, it has a kitchen, bathroom and two bedrooms. we have a bedroom each person. The best thing is the kitchenette so we can just cook our food in the apartment, and fill in the refrigerator during our stay. Location is fine not near the alhambra but 10 mins walk to catheral and the center. But one thing to complaint is the construction work. it wake you up a 9:00 am. We book the room though the internet and was just 40 euro per night and we found a lot of hostel cost more money even without bathroom, but knowing that the room rate 40 euro, I think we get more than we have paid. other than the constuction work, we are satisfy with the hotel

Stayed: August 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank Natmak
Reviewed April 29, 2008

This hotel was horrible. We had to step over urine to get onto the top outside step. No one thought to clean this up. When we entered the reception, there was a stale smell of urine and cigarettes. There was hair on the floor, even though it had just been mopped. From the smell, I didn't want to stay but thought the room might be better. The room was huge - like a small flat -but dark and dirty. I was amazed that the furniture looked at least ten years old, dark, stained, matted down and faded. The whole place stank. The bed cover had stains on it as well so I refused to let my son sit on anything. I am not normally a very tidy person myself and no one could accuse me of being a neat freak; but I was literally insulted at the state of this hotel and how different it was from the photos we had seen on the internet.

I left the room unsure if I would be able to find anything on such short notice. Well, literally a few doors down on an adjacent street, we found a lovley little hotel with excellent staff. I asked to see the room first and it was spotless and the same price! I went back to Hotel Girasoles II and was told that I still had to pay. I explained that the place was dirty and smelled and that with asthma (which I had informed them about previously) there was no way that I could stay in their hotel, least of all with my young son. They said that they would just take it off the credit card if I refused to pay, which they did. It was only £44 but it was the principle that got me. You shouldn't be able to sell people on something and take advantage of them. They are not offering what they appear to offer. I have reported them to the relevant authorities and am awaiting a reply. The hotel itself has already answered saying that the place was clean and that they still have a right to my money.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank HampshirePrincess
Reviewed September 2, 2007

We stayed only one night at the hotel. The nice thing about it is that the rooms are huge, more like small apartments. The bad things are it is really difficult to find and there is only parking on the street which is really hard to find. And the rooms where not so clean either. And it is not near to Alhambra as advertised.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed June 15, 2007

Apartment style hotel with dated furnishings that are overdue for replacement. Book into this hotel only if you need a reasonably priced place to sleep.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled as a couple