“Fun wine and tapas”

Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed September 7, 2013

This restaurant was recommended by a friend from Granada so we were comfortable that it would be good! Great wine and lots of choices. The menu was mostly platters of sausages, hams and cheeses....typical for the area. Indoor or outdoor tables were both great choices.

2  Thank jolie2012

Reviewed September 2, 2013

"Off of the beaten path" wine bar has great selection of mostly Spanish wines. A limited number of tables and menu lacking four languages means this place does not entertain masses of tourists. And that's good, as we enjoyed two very pleasant experiences.

1  Thank wil b
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I love this place. They have a great selection of wines and simple but good tapas that complement the drinks. I have tried the Iberico plate and have to say it was excellent and the best selection of Iberico cured meats that I have ever tried. The bar staff are always warm and friendly and very professional. Music is good too creating a great bohemian atmosphere. I have so many fond memories of this bar. I hope it continues to be successful because they truly deserve it.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

This place in the heart of Granada has the best selection of wines per glass I've seen in Spain. The food we ordered was not exceptional, but once they have EXCELLENT salumi, cheese, bread and olives, to go with your wine, what else do you need?
The place is very narrow (actually, the tables are TINY), but LOVELY and EMBRACING (or how you would translate ``accogliente'' into English?). I was there several times with my students, altogether, in several days we have ordered maybe 20 rounds of wine. EACH time, a free tapas would be served with each round, apart from the food we've ordered.
What was AMAZING, was that the tapas would NEVER repeat. I am a professional myself, I know what it means to be a professional. The senior bartender, who accomodated us, remembered which tapas he served us on the previous days. We talked a lot about wine regions in Spain, grape varieties, and years, he would let me taste 2-3 wines, BEFORE making the next order, and I would VERY MUCH appreciate his advice. The guy clearly KNOWS HIS JOB!
Granada IS a large tourist city, far too often they treat you with contempt, as a TOURIST. But at this place, you are a GUEST. GREAT wines (including those from Granada region!), GREAT salumi, GREAT atmosphere, what else do you need to spend an evening with friends and colleagues, and feel at home.

1  Thank Arminii
Reviewed March 31, 2012

I love this place. I come here every time I'm in Granada (a couple of times a year) and find it reliably good. The interior space is quite cozy, there isn't much space between the tables but it's never too loud or uncomfortable (they have a terrace during the summer months that is also very nice). The selection of wines is good -- the waiters aren't particularly literate but they know enough to give customers good advice. The only flaw, in my opinion, is their tapas (free snacks served when you order a drink): in a city where bars compete to offer the best or the biggest or the most original tapa, at La Brujidera you usually get a piece of bread with some cheese or some olives, or a small portion of Spanish omelette. Still, this is a place that I would recommend if you're looking for a place to spend some time with friends while sipping good local wine.