“Fabulous”
Review of Suecia

Suecia
Ranked #65 of 122 Hotels in Granada
Reviewed March 21, 2014

This was a great little find. 15 minutes walk from the centre of Granada in a peaceful location but just next to an area with lots of bars, cafes, shops. Close enough to the Alhambra to walk, but there's a bus stop not far from the front door if you don't like walking uphill.The bedroom was basic, no TV, but comfortable. We chose to share a bathroom and this was no problem although en-suite facilities are available. Jorges, the host, was very helpful in providing us with information on where to go and the best options for Alhambra tickets. I thought breakfast, at 3.50 euros, was the best value breakfast we had in our days away, with an option to eat on the terrace with fabulous views over the town and towards Sierra Nevada

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Phil56

Reviewed March 17, 2014

Absolutely wonderful. Lovely staff a real gem. not hard to find, free parking close to bus routes and restaurants and so, so quiet. Rooms were very comfy and had everything you could ask for. Great value. Jorge is amazing and we enjoyed sitting and chatting with him. We will be back again :)

ps. say hi to your cat for me!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 5, 2014

A very good, small hotel close to Alhambra. We had a room with shared facilities but the bathroom clean and decorated with style. Room was spacious and far away from hassle and bustle of the city. Good value too.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank baczarz
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I was looking for a cheap option for one or two nights in Granada. I choose Pension Suecia for its great location, walking distance to la Alhambra. I can not give an opinion on the breakfast and these lines are based solely on a night. I arrived around 21:00 to leave next morning at 7:30. There is a breakfast for €3.50 which I did not have since it is served at 8:00. The area is very quiet, it is an old building so is the furniture, but it was very comfy. It was a cold night but the rooms and toilets were very worm. The staff was very nice and helpful, so I would not hesitate to recommend this place to people looking for a budget place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank OlmoLP
Reviewed January 31, 2014

My husband, adult daughter and I stayed here at the last minute primarily to visit The Alhambra. We found free street parking immediately in front of the hotel. The rooms were modest with decent bathrooms and free in-room wi-fi. The breakfasts (3,50 Euros) were ample for a day of sightseeing and were served on the top floor with a gorgeous view over the town to the Sierra Nevada. Be aware that it takes the staff about 20 minutes to prepare breakfast once you arrive upstairs. The cost for rooms was so reasonable we booked a separate room for our daughter. The staff was friendly and helpful. Best of all, we were able to easily walk uphill to the Alhambra (20 minutes) and downtown to the Cathedral. The surrounding Realejo neighborhood has plenty of places to shop and eat. The only drawback is that it is difficult to navigate the tiny streets in a rental car. The hotel is on an unlabeled cul-de-sac off Huerta de los Angeles (off Calle Molinos). However, there is an easily seen hotel sign on Calle Molinos. Both the hotel and The Alhambra are easily accessible through public transportation on bus #30.

Room Tip: The area is quiet, so most rooms should be quiet. We didn't see an elevator and the stairs are...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank rpcvtraveler75
Reviewed December 17, 2013

This small hotel is a complete gem. If you are after 4-5 stars with neon lights and lifts, this is not the hotel for you. But if you're happy to stay in a comfortable, welcoming, inexpensive and conveniently located hotel, with excellent hot water, strong wifi, €3.50 breakfast that will last you all day, in a lovely orange groved street, with the bus stop to the Alhambra outside the door ( or a picturesque walk up the hill) and a short 10 mins to the city, this I strongly recommend this hotel. I think I was their only guest for 3 of the 4 nights I was there (being winter). Upstairs is a beautiful breakfast room with views of the mountains and an open fire and a terrace to use in warmer weather. I loved Granada and it has much more than the Alhambra; especially the St Gregorio church where the nuns keep vigil in prayer, sunset at the Iglesias de San Nicolas with flamenco markets and view of the Alhambra and of course the Alhambra itself. I saw the latter in the morning and went back to see the Palace at night which was wonderful as it was far less crowded. Or I just spent time in many of the bars and cafés in Granada, with many good ones very close to Suecia. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Canberrachooks
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Pension Suecia is a delightful little hotel located on a lovely street just a short walk from the center and the Alhambra. The pension is full of charming details that make you feel like you're staying in a antique filled mansion, which it once was. The house is surrounded by orange tree filled gardens, and the rooftop deck provides a panoramic view of the city. My first floor room was very comfortable, quiet and cozy. The wifi connection was strong. The delicious breakfast is a great way to start the day. Most of all, the staff is very friendly and helpful. The front desk man spent an hour helping me remove a small lock from my suitcase that had become stuck, and even when I was ready to give up and break the suitcase he wouldn't give up until he successfully opened it for me with a drill. This hotel was my favorite of all the hotels I stayed in during my two month trip, and I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo