Hostal Austria
$82
$76
Official Site
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $95/night.

Puerta de Las Granadas(Granada)(Great Value!)
$54
$45
Savings alert! 38% below average rates

The price you found is 38% lower than this hotel's average rate of $73/night.

$90
$85
Orbitz.com
$460
$363
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 19, 2012

Hostel was located directly on Calle Gomerez. This caused a LOT of noise to filter in from the street up until about midnight or 1 am, and starting at approximately 8:30 am.

That being said, it was a good value for a quick visit to Granada.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Irene L, Propietario at Hostal Austria, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2012

Hello, thank you very much for expressing your opinion about our hotel. Regarding the complaint of noise, we just want to clarify that our rooms have double glazing so slightly dampen the noise, that is otherwise normal in a city center. We also have rooms with windows facing a courtyard, which are quieter and stayed in these rooms to our customers upon request previa.We anyway try to take measures to prevent further noise nuisance in the rooms.

Reviewed January 11, 2012

I was on a road trip by car in the south of Spain, last Dec 2011, 2 weeks before Christmas, my destination was Granada, and the reason of this trip was to visit the Alhambra Castle and grounds, because I had heard so much about their landscape gardens, I have been wanting to visit it for a few years.
Thanks to my iPhone I googled Hotels close to the Alhambra and the Hostal Austria was one of the search result, I decided to park the car nearby and went to visit the Hostal to pre-view the room and facilities also checking if the price included free wi-fi which is a must have for me.
I was welcomed by a very friendly receptionist with a very good English and showed the various type of rooms from single to double, I decided on a double for comfort and took one on the top floor. The room included a very comfortable bed, a large wardorbe a small desk and also Air Conditioning and the ensuite bathroom had both shower and bath. No small fridge with drinks but that was fine by me as I am a t-totaller and don't drink alcohol. The hotel is very very close to the Alhambra so it was a 10 minutes walk before you are presented to the stunning beauty of this Castle and its grounds.
I stayed there betwen 13-15th Dec just 2 weeks before Christmas and the town was nicely decorate with Christmas lights which made the place even more welcoming and heart warming. My conclusion in regards to this review is that the hotel is very well situated, it is good value for money if you like to save your pennies and at that price wi-fi is the cherry on the cake as I was able to transmit the pictures taken during the day back to my friends and family back home.
If ever I am back in Granada I will make sure to book a room on this Hostal Austria for sure.

Room Tip: The Hostal is surrounded by bars and restuarants, and top rooms are recommended to be far away as possible from the hustle bustle of the bar goers down in the streets.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed September 20, 2011

Would recommend Hostal Austria to anyone visiting Granada. Great value, for a basic and clean room. The best location for either walking up to The Alhambra, or having a night out in Granada (both, I recommend highly). My main tip though - if you use the carpark, you better have a hatchback, or a lot of people to guide you, in and out of the car park building. We had an Audi A4, and without the guidance of my fellow travellers, I would have surely crunched all 4 corners of the car. It's tight. Very tight. But if your car's small enough, it's the perfect spot to park, just up the road from the Hostal, cause otherwise parking in Granada is a bit of mission.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 14, 2011

My husband and I stayed in a double room with private bath. Our very first impression of the place was wonderful, because the staff was super helpful in trying to help us with train tickets and with the problems we had turning in our rental car (don't EVER try to drive in Granada! Worst experience of the whole trip!). The room itself was simple but adequate, except for the flimsy excuse for a pillow that was provided. The absolute worst thing about the place is that the walls are paper thin and the other guests were young and inconsiderate party-going types. We only paid 40 euros, so I guess that attracted the youth hostel crowd. It was a pretty good deal for that price, and the people running the place are terrific people, but be sure to bring earplugs!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank hbeverb
Reviewed May 2, 2010

What I look for in a hotel is cheap, clean and excellent location and this hotel had it all!
We stayed in a double three nights in April 2010 for 40€ per night. The room was basic and clean with a great hot shower and a comfortable bed. There was heating and air conditioning available but we didn't need it because the weather was moderate.

Are you coming to Granada to hang out in your hotel? No way! This place is perfectly located next to Plaza Nueva, a good central hub, and downhill on the very street that leads to the Alhambra. It was an easy walk to the Albaicin and Sacromonte areas as well. There are handy buses quite close and many tasty options for tapas.

I'd highly recommend this to any budget traveler, except for tall / large people who would be too big for the bed and room.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple