“Highlight of our trip”

Ranked #166 of 1,562 Restaurants in Granada
Cuisines: Delicatessen, Spanish, Healthy, Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: In our little but cozy space we offer a wide range of wines by the glass, artisan beers, and different dishes starred by our raw materials. Because of our reduced dimensions, it is even more worthy of merit all that we offer in our eatery. We start with breakfasts (don't miss them!) At 10:00 and until 23:30 you can order any dish from our menu. Everything is cut and cooked on order (cheeses, ham, vegetales and fruits), we work with the same ingredients that our Shop provides us, enjoy your stay in our home and let us take care of you by our staff. Our summer opening times are: 10:00-16:00 19:00-0:00 The rest of the year, our opening times are: 9:00 - 0:00
Reviewed October 22, 2013

My husband and I honeymooned in Granada and just so happened to be staying a short walk away, but you must seek this place out. From the outside, it looks like a regular simple deli, but it is so, so much more. Sit at a table, get breakfast (one of few places serving scrambled eggs), lunch or dinner. Everything you taste is also for sale, including wine. We brought back countless bottles of vinegar, olive oil, spices, etc. The owner is absolutely lovely, gives amazing recommendations and the menu is Spanish comfort food when you're tired of eating cured jamon and cheese (although there is plenty of that too). After coming here once, we came back every other day for our week-long visit - absolutely one of the highlights of Granada.

1  Thank Greer W

Reviewed October 17, 2013

Me and my partner visited Granada for a mini break away from the hustle and bustle of London and to spend some quality time together. We went to Al Sur de Granada by chance on our first night to grab a quick drink and a bite to eat and it was so good that we ended up returning for the next three days!

The food was quite simply the best I've experienced in Spain. The amount of care taken in everything from the tapas to the wines is astonishing and every visit was met with considerate and friendly staff.

Even something as humble as scrambled egg tasted amazing because the quality of the produce they use in their cooking is so high and still very reasonably priced!

We felt so looked after and at ease in this place that I can't recommend it highly enough. Everything was spot-on!

Reviewed October 17, 2013

I recently had the opportunity to visit Spain while my daughter was studying abroad there, and Granada was my first stop. Al Sur de Granada is all about local, delicious foods that have the best quality and best taste. The wines we tasted come from the mountains of the Andalusia area and I was so interested to learn the story behind them.
My daughter found Al Sur de Granada online and saw they were offering a wine and tapas tasting dinner. The first night we were in Spain we had the tasting, and I can honestly say hands down it was my favorite experience of the entire trip. From the hospitality of the owner, Alba, a bright, intelligent, and welcoming young woman, to the incredible wine and food served, everything was superb.
We started the tasting with a delicious white wine and moved onto two reds. I am a wine connoisseur, and spent a lot of time learning about and trying new wines, but never have I tasted wines as unique and fantastic as these. Each wine was paired with foods ranging from fresh, local vegetables, all natural hams, hand made, artisan bread, and local fish. Each tapa went perfectly with the wine, and complimented each other very well.
After the tasting, we each ordered another glass of wine. Each glass was a different type of wine from a different winery. Everyone thought there own glass was the best! Alba did an exceptional job at picking up on what sort of taste we acquired for wine, and paired each of us with the most perfect glass.
What allows Al Sur de Granada to be so exquisite is that Alba has relationships with each person who personally makes the wines. She hand picks the best herself from their winery's. Some of these wines cannot be found anywhere else in the world! With this being said, do not think it is overly expensive. We walked away with three bottles of wine for less than 35 euros! Alba even packed us a picnic lunch complete with fresh, hand made gazpacho, and three different kinds of sandwiches for our road trip to Sevilla. Not visiting Al Sur de Granada while in Andalusia would be a lost opportunity. Please take the time to enjoy the Spanish lifestyle and have a glass of wine, a beer, and some tapas.

Reviewed October 8, 2013

I live in Granada for 6 months while I was studying abroad. I had no knowledge of Spanish and very little knowledge of Spanish food and products. When I first moved there, I had to do a lot of exploring and tasting on my own and one of the first things I found was Al Sur de Granada. Al Sur is one of the greatest Gems in Granada, a magical city in itself. Everyone at AL Sur is extremely helpful and kind. Alba, the owner, became one of my best friends while I was there and none of them made me feel uncomfortable if I went by myself, or to practice my Spanish. From the choice of wine, cheese, amazing and ever changing tapas, the olives are some of the best. Not to mention they had a great seasonal Menu. Everything is fresh and comes from the farms around the area. if you want an experience that is more and geniune then you have to go to Al Sur. This place became my second home when I was living there and I miss it everyday. So it's no surprise that when my parents visited I took them to my place... and no surprise they loved it. If you read this all the way through and go. Tell Alba Tess sent you. ;-)

Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

Had liked the sound of this - eating in a deli. We were not disappointed. We had a platter of tomato varieties and a platter of mixed meats and cheeses. I did no know tomatoes could taste that good - I normally get as much of the veg as I want but had to fight my husband over these tomatoes. Not the cheapest we had in Spain but definitely good value. Great service too.