“A "Must Do" while in Granada”
Review of Al Sur de Granada

Al Sur de Granada
Ranked #64 of 1,638 Restaurants in Granada
Cuisines: Deli, Spanish, Healthy, Wine Bar
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: In our little but cozy space we offer a wide range of natural wines by the glass, artisan beers, and different dishes starred by our raw materials. Because of our reduced dimensions, it is even more worthy of merit all that we offer in our eatery. We start with breakfasts (don't miss them!) At 09:30 and until 23:30 you can order any dish from our menu. Everything is cut and cooked on order (cheeses, ham, vegetales and fruits), we work with the same ingredients that our Shop provides us. Enjoy your stay in our home and let us take care of you by our staff. Our summer opening times are: 10:00-16:00 19:00-0:00 The rest of the year, our opening times are: 9:30 - 0:00
Reviewed May 8, 2013

As a local who has been leaving abroad for many years, Al Sur is always one of my stopovers every time I go back home.

Their selection of products brings me back to those flavours I shared with my family so I make sure I leave some space in my suitcase to fill with vino, queso and all sort of sauces and chocolates!

They support actively local and regional producers so there is a little story behind every product. Staff are very friendly and knowledgeable and wrap beatifully if you are thinking of making a gift.

Get a spot in one of their barrel shaped tables and taste a local beer (Alhambra, Mamut) while you enjoy a delicious free tapa or some jamón recently cut, or simply take some organic veggies and dairies back home,

My favourite: Goat cheese covered in ashes. To die for...

Do not miss the opportunity to pop by!

Reviewed May 2, 2013

This spectacular find was the first place my husband and I visited in Granada. We had amazing wine, and the food is just sublime! It was also great to find local, organic produce and eggs. The owner was really so sweet and knowledgeable. We exchanged stories and had great conversation. An incredibly welcoming spot, with delicious food, an extensive wine list, and lots of smiles.

1  Thank TomKat00
Reviewed April 17, 2013

We found Al Sur de Granada on our last day in Granada so unfortunately we only got to eat there once. It was well priced and by far the best produce we ate the whole time we were there. All the produce is local and organic. The owner was so helpful and gave us recommendations for other places in Granada. You must go!

Reviewed April 11, 2013

We literally stumbled across this little tapas, organic grocer, and produce store as we were walking back to collect our luggage. It was obvious that we had nearly missed a gem. The sign out the front spoke of local cheeses, organic produce, 50 wines to try by the glass, tapas, regional breads. Our host had lived in London - so spoke English - which was great as she was able to help us choose some fabulous wine to enjoy as we ate a fresh tomato salad, amazing eggs with chorizo, onion and tomato and a delicate soft goats cheese with assorted jams. There was a huge amount of food, and it was prepared as we sat, from the delivery of fresh produce sold as part of the grocery store. I was thrilled to try a Chardonnay - only 500 bottle produced, and we were able to buy some local olive oil to take away. This little place is well worth more than one visit - the food is great, the wine is really interesting, and your host is delightful.

1  Thank Sue F
Reviewed March 23, 2013

we went to "al sur de G." 21st february en went back the next day!
if there had to be one place i should recommend from our week there it would be "al sur de G." (for the food aspect of course)
the place is full of local products and you just want to try them all.
the wine card is amazing and Alba, the owner, is always there to help you find the right wine.
each time you order a glass of wine, you get a tapa made of fresh vegetable, cheese, bread... :)))
we had such a great time that we went back the next day!
they even do wine tasting event!
if you enjoy tasty food and great wine, that's the place for you!