Reina Cristina Hotel
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Room Mate Leo(Granada)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsprofessional receptionistbooked a double roomair conditioninghotel is greatcentral locationvisiting granadaexcellent locationalhambra ticketslobbycathedraltablasstreetcourtyard
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Stayed here with my husband and 3 children , we were given a family suite which was great. The family suites benfit from a partitioning curtain between the 2 sleeping ares giving privacy from the kids they also have 2 flat screen televisions with all the usual channels so the kids can watch their programmes in their sleeping area and the adults can watch their own programs in the bedroom area. The Hotel is right in the centre of Granada so great for getting around. If you are lucky enough to stay in the hotel during the week you will be treated to the best hotel breakfast I have ever had , at weekends the breakfast is buffet service and is nice but in the week you take breakfast in the hotels bar and it s basically a feast you are treated to just tell the waiters what you would like and they bring platefuls of to your table , we had platefuls of Serrano ham, proper Spanish coffee, fresh juices, cola cao ( hot chocolate) croissants, fresh bread, yoghurts, cereals, manchego cheese plus sandwich mixtos for the kids there was just so much.
The hotel itself is also in a lovely building and we found the staff to all be very helpful. We visit Granada quite regularly and this hotel will always be our first choice in the city

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 13, 2012

During our month in Spain I would say this was the cleanest of the hotels we stayed at. It is old and has outdated decor but was spotless, comfortable and in an excellent position. It is within easy walking distance of the town centre but in a quiet street so there is no noise to disturb your sleep. The staff were friendly and helpful and the breakfast provided for a variety of tastes. A charming, quaint hotel which is well worth considering when visiting Granada.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travelover5
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Parking is offered and this is a rare premium. However, to get there by car we found that ignoring one-way streets, pedestrian zones and other rules is necessary. The sat nav and maps showed the direction of the one-way outside the hotel to be wrong (legal direction is driving towards cathedral). We abandoned the car nearby and went on foot to survey a route. Staff helped us park the car in private underground parking, but our volvo only just fitted are a bit of shuffling. Bit of a laugh.

Hotel great in great location a short walk from cathedral and tourist area. Good service. Clean.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mark_selby
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Rooms are fine - beds are a little hard, but everything else was ok. Hotel is in a nice neighborhood with a fair number of restaurants and shops, and is a pretty short walk up to Gran Via.
There is an in-room safe, but be prepared to spend 3 Euro per night if you want to use it. Wifi is also on a pay basis. That's fine.

The biggest issue I had was during checkout. I asked to be charged in Euro's, but was charged in USD (with an unfavorable exchange rate and 2% mark-up). When I questioned this, I was told, "Your bank did this." This was clearly untrue, as this was the only establishment over the course of a couple of weeks that did this. When I asked him to try again, he said he could not do that. At that point, with a train to catch, I gave up and made a note to dispute with my credit card company.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2012

This is one charming hotel. Sure, it's not the Ritz, and if you want the Ritz, go there. But the beauty of this hotel is unique, AND the restaurant has the most fascinating items on the menu (I'm talking about the formal restaurant, not the next-door cafeteria, which is most obvious from the street). The breakfast is far superiour to the continental-style offerings, and is, in my opinion, worth the price because the atmosphere is so lovely.

Frankly, I wish all European hotels were this charming.

Room Tip: Not sure about this; just communicate well. And, be nice.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends