“Good Location, Nice Reception!”

Hotel Dauro Granada
Ranked #40 of 124 Hotels in Granada
Reviewed September 23, 2013

The nicest part of this hotel is the lady at reception Carmen. She was very friendly and gave me a great deal of advice.

The location is great and very centrally located. I was able to walk to all the major sites. I had a single room. It was rather small but cozy. The air conditioning worked fine. It was very quiet and I slept very well.

The breakfast was pretty good. They had eggs which was all I care about. They had a variety of other continental breakfast items to choose from. Coffee was sitting on a pot so you didn't have to wait for coffee. Unfortunately the only negative part of this hotel for me was the unfriendly person they have working at breakfast. They should tell him to smile or get a new person!

The hotel can easily be reached by bus from the train station. You take bus 33 and it is about a 15 minute bus ride. The bus stop is right near the hotel. You just need to study the bus route and know when to get off or ask the bus driver to tell you.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed September 23, 2013

This hotel is about a 10 minute walk to Plaza Nueva. If I had to do it over again, I would stay closer to the Plaza. The walk just got annoying over 3 days in the hot sun. We stayed here b/c it was very cheap and expected okay accommodations, which is what we got. The room was so-so with pretty basic amenities. The bathroom was the same, pretty standard. The rooms were a good size, so that was a plus. But the rooms didn’t feel super clean to me. We did enjoy the free Wi-Fi in the room, which worked well for us.

The best part was the service and help we received from most of the staff. They answered all of our questions, gave us tips on the bus, and were overall very helpful during our stay. However, the girl who is there at late night should probably know more about the Alhambra. That is THE sight people come to see in the city but she gave us incorrect information (which we got resolved on our own). But Fernando (or Francisco?) was the most helpful.

The best part about breakfast was the cereal and the packaged yogurt. The pastries were definitely old and not fresh each day. You could easily tell they re-use them. The eggs were bland. On our last day, the guy in the breakfast room was rude to us; he needs to learn how to treat guests who have PAID for breakfast.

I’ll give this hotel 3 stars, but just barely. I probably would not stay here again. I would suggest finding a place closer to Plaza Nueva, even if it means paying a little more. A better location is worth it in my opinion.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 19, 2013

Comfortable and pleasant hotel for the price, with a friendly girl called Bellen at reception. Some rooms were quite small but we had a view of the busy street below and a beautiful bathroom. Unfortunately if you require a strong, reliable and consistent Wifi connection (like me for work) then this is not the place to come. Otherwise it's a 30min walk from the Alhambra, or a short bus ride and bang smack in the city centre if you fancy some shopping on your trip.

Room Tip: Maybe should twin beds rather than a double bed because the double bedroom was much smaller in compa...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
NachoGranada, Gerente at Hotel Dauro Granada, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Dear Sir
I apologize for the wifi problem. It is solved now as we had a problem with our router.
Sorry again.
Ignacio Saez
Manager & Owner

Reviewed September 13, 2013

We found the Dauro easily and were able to park out the front from where the car was valet parked. We felt welcome straight away because of the great attitude from the friendly lady on reception. The room was fine, better than expected for the price. Good bathroom, clean, efficient aircon, inroom safe, comfortable large bed - what else do you need?
Granada is a lovely city with plenty to see to fill two days. If you go to see the Alhambra catch the bus up, signage is poor if you decide to walk up. The bar down the lane behind the hotel is good with free tapas when you buy a drink.
Don't hesitate to stay here - the people are great.It was the best value property we struck during a three week trip in Spain.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Claudekerry
Reviewed September 9, 2013

This was a very nice hotel. It was located in the city and a short walk from the center. The rooms were very nice and the beds were very comfortable. It felt like the bed and pillows had memory foam. I thought the rooms were very quiet even though we faced the street (but we were on the third floor). The breakfast was good. They'd parked the car in the garage for me as I had a minivan and they said it would be a tight squeeze.

The staff was very helpful. After we left, we realized we had accidentally left a box of inexpensive jewelry in our room. Given what I've read about valuables left in hotels, I was assuming it was gone. But I contacted the hotel and they found the box! It is being shipped back to us.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

This is a 3 star hotel in a great location and for a good price. Rooms are just ok. The people at the front desk were the best thing about it, just exactly what you expect of customer service: friendly and nice. They explained to us (and other customers) patiently all we need for our visit to Granada: what bus to take, what to visit, where to eat, where to listen to flamenco, how to get to the airport, etc. FYI- just across the street there is a great place for tapas call: "d'platos". Also, you can take a bus to the airport right outside the hotel for 3 Euros.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Highly recommend this hotel. Central to everything we wanted, clean, and very friendly service. The breakfast, which was included, was delicious! I would stay here again without a doubt. The tapas bars nearby were fantastic. The information center was a short walk and very helpful. The hotel held our luggage after check-out.

• Stayed: August 2013